Friday, May 31, 2013

I'm going down!

Earlier this week, a coworker of mine told me, "No need to try to pull them up because they are too big!"  My dad had bought me several pairs of jeans for Christmas because I had lost weight and needed some new ones.  Well, at the beginning of this month, I went to Old Navy to shop.  I could zip the smaller size, but using the little bench in the fitting room, I noticed I was not able to sit down and be comfortable.  Needless to say, I put those back on the rack.  So, today, I went to them again and guess what, I could zip those pants and sit down in them. Now, I still cannot get into the super skinny version (which I doubt I would ever wear anyway), but at least I got into the size.  I cannot lie, my goal was always to get back into Old Navy clothing where I could go in the store to buy if off the rack and not order it online.  I am one size away from the goal I set for myself (yes, it will still be considered plus), but I am so proud of how far I have come in less than a year.  

First of all, I have to commend Old Navy for their selection of plus clothing.  Now, sizes over 20 are not found in the store (unless you go to a larger store that offers plus clothing), but they do have an online selection.  However, I still have a way to go before I can get into their shorts.  Buying shorts is a new ballgame for me because I haven't worn shorts since high school (yes 10 years ago).  That probably shocks you because I wear mini skirts, but I feel better in a skirt than I do shorts.  I should probably save that for another blog.  

So, I have lost all of this weight in under a year and you are probably wondering how.  Well, a friend of mine turned me on to this app where I can scan the bar code for my foods and also look up foods at restaurants before I order  I like to eat out with the best of them, so I can still go out and have my nice breakfast, lunch, or dinner, yet, I stay within my calorie range for the day and I also know how many calories I need to burn during my workout.  I typically burn over 1000 anyway, so I am always good to go since I stay under the calories allotted by the program. So, what's the program?  


This has to be the best app I have ever used.  It's really easy to understand and it's perfect for my fast pace lifestyle.  You simply create a profile, set a goal, and LoseIt helps you stay on track.  Now, I am not just doing it with this app alone.  I am eating a lot better (a total lifestyle change for me) and working out at least 5 days a week for an hour.  



I love to eat my veggies and I do various exercises.  I am not a runner, so go ahead and get that out of your head.  LOL.  In between walking, doing the elliptical, yoga, Insanity, the stationary bike, and monthly challenges to target certain parts of my body, I feel pretty good about myself and what I am doing.  

I am not at my goal weight, but I'm near my goal size.  Now I just need to figure out what I am going to do when I reach my goal.  I set a goal to lose 55 pounds and I am just under halfway there.  I hope that you see what I'm doing and it helps motivate you.  I also let you know about my journey on twitter (@TheShaylaEm) so feel free to chime in on there and ask me questions.  

For me, it wasn't about losing weight and getting into clothes.  It was more about me wanting to be healthy.  I want kids one day and I want to be around for them and their kids.  There are a lot of health issues in my family (both sides of my family tree) and I want to try to maintain my body and health before genetics start to take its course.  I know I cannot fight everything, but I won't go down without trying!  

Now, get up.  Get active.  Eat veggies.  Eat smaller portions.  However, remember to treat yourself.  And if you are wondering about my soda intake, I haven't had a soda since 02/25/2012.  

No comments:

Post a Comment