Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Guess what?

I love pocketbooks.  I love shoes.  Some would even call it an addiction.  When it comes to my pocketbooks, I love a particular brand name.  I cannot help it.  I just love their stuff.  Well, today, I decided to treat myself.  I will tell you the store later on in this post, but for right now, let me tell you the story.  

I was so excited today because I had been looking online for a particular pocketbook and I was going to the store to get it.  When I walked in to this store, I didn't see the pocketbook I was looking for - it's bright pink so I would have noticed it immediately.  The sale associate was very helpful and when I described the bag to him, he let me know that it was no longer in the store, but that I should look around to see if something else caught my eye.  Well of course I was going to do that (LOL).  Well, a few other things did catch my eye, but I was trying to stay on budget.  Well, he let me look around for a while and then he came back to check on me.  He asked me if I had seen anything and I told him, "yes, but I really had my heart set on that pink bag".  After making a few more looks, I saw one that caught my eye and the price was right up my alley.  By the time he made it back to me, I was holding a pocketbook and a wallet.  He smiled and took them to the counter for me while I kept looking. Well, I ended up finding another pocketbook and wallet.  It was a perfect shopping trip for me, for more than one reason.  

The store I was in today way Guess.  Even though I have always shopped in that store for my pocketbooks and some shoes, sometimes because I know they don't sell clothing in my size, I felt like people (not the associates) would look at me funny and wonder why I was in the store.  However, today was different.  I don't know if it was because I was the only person shopping in the store or because both associates, especially the guy, made me feel so welcomed or because I am starting to get some confidence in how I look. 

I know that I cannot wear anything in Guess (and so did the associates), but the fact that I was not looked down upon today was a really great moment for me and that made for a perfect experience.  When I walked out the store with my 4 items, I felt so wonderful.  Now, I saw some smaller people looking at me funny when I walked out the store with my large bag, but I didn't care.  I was happy and I had found what I was looking for, almost.  

So to Guess, especially those associates, THANK YOU for making me feel welcomed to shop in the store and for not making me feel like I didn't belong.  It's not like that at all stores and you are to be commended.


Just in case you were wondering, these are the new goodies in my collection.  You can find them at your Guess store or online.  

No comments:

Post a Comment