Friday, August 2, 2013

Beach Body

Well, I received an invite to go to the beach this weekend and of course, I could not turn it down!  In this gorgeous weather, my best friend since college and I walk down to the beach.  Of course us being females, we make a few observations.  We saw a few people in bathing suits that should have stayed on the rack and we saw some people that believed in wearing as little as possible to get into the ocean.  However, there is one thing we were very happy to see.  Since both of us are plus size divas, we were happy to see people of our size and bigger enjoying the beach in their bathing suits. 

You know I broke out the tankini and I am happy to say, so did my friend.  I am so happy to see people embracing their curves and enjoying life, no matter their size.  For so long, people used to stay covered at the beach until they got into the water (if they even took the chance to get into the water).  I wore my coverup to walk to the beach, but after I got situated and ready to lie in the sun, my coverup came off.  I had no problem laying on the beach in my bathing suit and enjoying the time with my friend and the rest of her family.  

Here's the fun part.  The waves were absolutely beautiful and awesome today.  We both had to be careful to not expose ourselves to the world.  I had an extra issue because I kept trying to keep my shorts from showing too much of my rear, but the water ended up winning that battle.  However, for the first time in a long time, I felt absolutely comfortable on the beach in my tankini and I just really didn't care about what other people thought.  Quite frankly, I think a lot of other people felt the same way.  



It was a beautiful day - the sun was high, the atmosphere was awesome, and the water was nothing short of spectacular.  I am who I am.  I weigh what I weigh.  That doesn't make me any less of a person.  By the way, tonight I even got brave and wore a strapless mini dress - yep, sure did.  I have awesome legs, and you know I was ready to show off this more even tan.  

Ladies, embrace your curves.  Each one of us are beautiful in our own way and no one will ever be able to take that away from us.  Take your power back over your body.  Show some skin (tastefully), be your unique, and never be scared to show your individual style.  There is nothing wrong with your body, so stop letting mainstream media tell you it is.  


No comments:

Post a Comment