Thursday, September 12, 2013

Class Reunion preview

Well, this weekend marks my 10 year class reunion.  I was plus size in high school and I'm still plus size now.  However, believe it or not, I was also a cheerleader.  Yep, I went to a school that let curvy girls cheer.  So here's the thing, I don't know what type of expectations to have for this reunion.  Will people notice I'm one size bigger than what I was in high school?  Will people bring up a dark part of my past I would rather forget?  Will people ask me why I'm single and why I don't have any kids?  I haven't quite figured out how to field those questions.  However, I just hope that it isn't followed with you're too pretty to be single.  That one might send me over the edge.  

The thing is, I had some confidence issues in high school that I needed to work through.  I had confidence in college that I needed to work through.  I have confidence issues in my adult life that I still need to work through.  Since I believe in being honest with you, I will just come right out and say it.  I am petrified that someone is going to say something to me that is going to ruin the years to personal strength building I have been doing.  You know that madness about words will never hurt me? The fact of the matter is that words do hurt and sometimes, it takes years to rebuild what other people tore down.  I don't have 10 years redo the possible damage that could be done over the weekend.  



Since there are two events happening, football game tomorrow and the event Saturday night, there are two times for people to say something that could hurt me.  However, I am going to look at those times and hope that it will turn into two times people will say something nice and not even mention my size.  

I am really hoping the next blog about this weekend will be a great one that will have me layered in confidence.  On the other hand I have also prepped myself for the possibility of someone doing some serious damage to my self-esteem.  Either way, no matter what happens, I am going to make sure you know all about it.  If I'm hurt, I know you'll be here to lift me up and if I'm happy, I know you will be here to share in my excitement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment