Thursday, September 19, 2013

Post Class Reunion

So, over the weekend, I had the chance to see some of my peeps from the class of 2003 from high school.  I won't lie, I was a bit scared because I don't have my cheerleader body, I'm single (with no prospects), no children, and I just didn't feel like I was doing as much as my other classmates, as far as the family life is concerned.  

However, I was pleasantly surprised after I made my grand entrance in my black and white dress from Torrid and my beautiful red shoes!  Of course I was greeted with hugs and plenty of giggles, but one statement someone said to me made my 2 hour trip home worth the trip.  One of my friends came up to me and said I love following your post on Facebook because you seem to enjoy life.  It's amazing how much a statement can change your day.  I do enjoy life and I am so happy that someone else other than my family and my coworkers see that about me.  I hate to call her a stranger, but seeing as how we haven't seen each other in 10 years, she no longer knows me as well and since 10 years have passed, yeah, I have changed.  

Other than my awesome dress and shoes and the fact it felt like old times in that room, I really felt like I had accomplished something.  It's not anything special, but words can really make or break a moment.  I'm happy someone noticed that about me.  I do enjoy life.  However, there was another statement that really knocked me off my feet.  Someone told me you look great! 

Grant it, I've been trying to lose weight and look better, however I felt like it wasn't working.  I can see the weight loss and the size of my clothes have changed.  On the other hand, I've always wondered if people would be able to tell.  It's not cute and tight like it was 10 years ago, but it is much better than what it was and someone noticed.  

This is the deal - I know it seems like it's strange, but I did not want to hang out at the class reunion.  Truthfully, I was hoping I had to work to keep from going.  Basically, I waited until the 11th hour to decide if I was actually going.  However, I am glad I did.  My biggest fear of being judged and looked at like I didn't belong never came to pass.  I'm happy I went.  I don't know what the next 5 to 10 years are going to go or if I will even be alive, but for a few brief hours on Saturday night, I was in my own perfect little world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment