Sunday, February 2, 2014

Be bold and bright

I was going to write about this yesterday and then I changed my mind.  Then today, it came back to my mind again because I feel like it is important.  It probably won't be my longest post, but I have to tell you something about one of my favorite things - clothes.  

Yesterday, I went shopping at one of my favorite places, Ashley Stewart.  I ended up buying 2 sweaters and 2 jeggings.  Well, the 2 pairs of jeggings that I purchased are bright (yellow and coral).  Yes, I love bright colors.  One of the other fabulous plus ladies in the store saw what I was buying and she said, "Those are bright.  I wish I was that brave".  I looked at her and told her, "I used to be like that, but if smaller people can wear bright colors, so can we".  

Seriously, I used to be like that.  I would stick to the black, browns, and blues.  I have a bright personality, so why not let my wardrobe reflect that?  Don't get me wrong, I try on everything before I leave the store.  Not all colors are going to look great on a person.  That is just how it is.  For instance, I will never wear another purple dress.  Did that a few years ago and I felt a few shades lighter than Barney.  

Find what looks good on you, but don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.  You never know, you might find a new style.  

No comments:

Post a Comment