Friday, March 28, 2014

Size isn't everything

A few weeks ago, I saw one of my favorite artist on Katie.  Now, I'm not a fan of the daytime talk show, but she had an interesting topic going and I absolutely love one of her guest.  Mandisa was on the show talking about her weight loss and what she does to keep it off.  She also mentioned how the comments of Simon Cowell affected her life and actually motivated her to change her life.  

Even though in mean spirits, Cowell's comments caused Mandisa to make a lifestyle change that she has kept up with today.  She introduced to me, MadiserSize.  Now, I'm pretty sure that I am not spelling that right, but I liked the concept.  She said that she enjoyed Zumba (which I do too).  However, she also said that she changed the name to MandiserSize because she did it to Christian music.  It was her way of getting her workout and praise on at the same time.  

Why did that really get my attention?  Well at this point in my life, God has taken a huge step forward in my life.  I workout.  I enjoy working out, but I have never worked out to gospel music.  It was an interesting concept with me.  

Mandisa used Cowell's words as motivation.  She then allowed God to use her to create beautiful music to spread his word.  And she is using the gift of other artists as she works out.  It sort makes a circle for me.  

I really enjoyed seeing her on Katie.  She was so inspiration, while staying true to herself.  She's still curvy and looks amazing.  She is another inspiration for me because the size that I want to be down to is still considered plus size.  I think she is still plus size too.  She's still cool about her curves and she loves herself.  

We may not ever be skinny, but it is important for us to love us for who we are.  We are beautiful and amazing, plus size women.  It's time that we all start owning that.  Change what you need to change in order to maintain health, but don't make a change just because someone tells you that you are not beautiful.  Beauty is only skin deep and I would argue that the person that told you such things are ugly for saying so.  

Find Mandisa on Twitter @mandisaofficial and make sure to check out her awesome music! 

No comments:

Post a Comment