Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Callback - Part II

This is probably not going to be my longest post ever.  I promised you that whether the news was good or bad, I was going to share something with you today.  I've been keeping this under wraps because I wasn't ready to share it just yet.  However, today is the day.  I hope that you find this inspirational and learn that you should never let anyone take anything away from you.  

I've learned that when doors close or slam in my face, it is usually because there is something greater.  It hurts for the door to do that, but you just have to keep the faith.  No, this isn't about religion.  I really don't care what religion your practice because that is your freedom and your choice, I'm just telling you to have faith in all that you.  A few years ago, I was approached about doing something in the entertainment industry.  Not thinking I have the body to be out like that, I laughed it off, but at the same time, it did peak my interest.  I'm a writer, so I had to start getting used to people seeing my face.  I started doing photo shoots in order to get my image out there and I found that I really enjoyed it.  Sure, it was something that I could do and the more I did, the more I kept saying "Wow, that's me!"  

A few months ago, the same thing happened, but I didn't laugh it off.  Then a few weeks ago, I was asked again and this time I decided to give it a shot.  In my short life, I've also learned that if more than 2 people tell you something, they must see something in you that you cannot see in yourself.  Today was the day.  I had practiced, and practiced, and practiced.  I had learned that even when I messed up a line, keep going because only you will know that you messed up.  Nerves are a good thing because they keep you on your toes.  All the prep work that I had put in since last Saturday must have paid off because when I heard those words Welcome to the agency, I knew then that my life was going to change.  

That's right!  Not only is your girl writing, but she is also now with an agency that is going to market her as an actress.  Isn't that cool?  This would have never happened if I would have let doors (whether they were the hurtful words of people, the dirty looks, or negative feedback from anything I was trying to do), keep me down.  There is potential in all of us.  We just have to figure out a way to tap into it.  We are here for greatness.  

Don't worry - I'm still going to write.  I'm still going to be part of Manik Mag (www.manikmag.com).  It's just that now, I get to have more of an inside scoop.  I think this is the beginning of a wonderful thing for me and I look forward to being transparent with you (as much as I'm allowed to do so) about this journey.  

Honestly, I just want to say THANK YOU!  You read my work.  You keep me going.  You keep me motivated.  You are such a blessing to me and I hope to be able to give back to you what you have given me.  Ok - I'll stop before we all get emotional, but those words are true.  

If there is a goal you want, keep going until you get it.  Then, here's the really fun part, set a new goal!!!  I know that I already have.  Good luck to you and your endeavors.  Mark your positive mark on the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment