Saturday, March 1, 2014

The look

I'm pretty sure that all chicks go through this.  You know, that moment when you suddenly desire to change your look or you just start doing it in small little increments?  Well, as I went shopping today and then returned to take a look at my closet, I noticed my change of clothing.  I'm not sure if it is because I have lost weight (only 22 pounds to go until I hit my goal) or if it is because the shy girl from my hometown no longer exists.  I would like to believe it is the latter of the two.  

So, my shopping excursion took me to Ashley Stewart (again) today.  Yes, I'm pretty much in love with that store.  Ok, let me get back to my "change".  Over the past few months, I have noticed a subtle change in my appearance.  My shoe game has truly gone through a change.  I never in my life thought that I would be rocking heels that way that I am right now.  I've ventured out into wearing more dresses and they have gotten a bit shorter.  Hey, I have to show off my fabulous legs.  Earring game, well, that never was a problem.  Makeup and lip gloss, well, let's just say I am keeping my local Ulta in business.  

Basically, how I feel on the inside is starting to show on the outside.  I love that.  I have never felt like this in my life and it is a wonderful experience.  It has taken me a long time to get here and I hope that no one ever takes that away from me.  I know that someone cannot take that away from me, but the fact of the matter is that someone once did and it took me a long time to recover from that.  However, since that is in the past, I'll digress.  Learn from the past, but don't let it haunt you.  

Ok, let me get back to this change thing.  I'm enjoying it.  I look different.  I feel different.  Life in general is just different because I have taken the time to let myself make mistakes, grow, and learn.  It's still happening.  I know there is much more to learn, but I guess the only thing left to do is to enjoy the ride.  

Change is good.  In fact, I feel so confident that I am going to step out on a limb and try something new.  Today, I start #AskShaylaEm on Instagram and I look forward to answering questions the entire month of March.  As for the other thing I am trying, well, I am still keeping that a secret until I'm ready to share it with you.  Just know that this change is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment