Sunday, May 25, 2014

1 year and counting

Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday #ThePlusDiaries. Happy birthday to you!  

Yes, we are celebrating today because our baby (yes, this is your baby too) turns 1 today.  One year ago today, I made my first post on this blog site and it has been a journey every since.  As I look back on my first post (I posted the link to twitter earlier), I couldn't help but how much a year has changed.  I have a great relationship with Manik Mag (www.manikmag.com) and I love writing for them.  My other endeavor(s) seems to be taking off and I am absolutely in love with doing photo shoots.  

What has happened in this year?  I don't have the time to tell you everything.  However, I will tell you this - life has been life.  It's been up.  It's been down.  It's been teaching me lessons.  Most important, I have grown and my love for writing has never been stronger.  

My love for writing.  I cannot even begin to explain how much I love writing.  Not only do I maintain the blogs (yes, plural), but my journals have been keeping me busy too.  Yep, I said journals.  I have the journal that I keep with me at all times because I never know what is going to inspire me or when something may cross my mind that makes me want to write.  I have 2 other journals that I am maintaining for the future loves of my life (my husband and my children).  If you want an explanation, feel free to comment and we will figure out a way for us to discuss that.  Back to my love for writing.  Writing is what gives me my freedom.  I have always been a person of few words.  My family would beg to differ.  It's just that I'm used to being around them and I freely speak.  When it comes to strangers though or telling someone how I really feel about them, I can never seen to find the right words.  However, I can write it out and it comes out perfectly normal.  Well, at least it's my sense of normal.  

So what is going to happen in year 2?  I have no clue what is going to happen in the next 365, but I know that I am looking forward to it.  No matter what happens, as long as it doesn't kill me, I'll keep it moving and write about it. 

I've truly enjoyed this year with you and I am looking forward to sharing many more birthdays with you.  It's because of you that I do what I do.  You keep me motivated by reading and sharing and Google+ and every other thing that you do.  I say thank you from the bottom of my heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment