Sunday, June 1, 2014

Fear of 14

Well, the one weight loss dilemma that I wanted to avoid has finally happened.  Thanks to me being so consistent with my new lifestyle and with the help of the fabulous app LoseIt, I have lost 41 pounds.  I have 14 more to reach my weight goal.  As happy as I am for myself, I'm a little bit scared.  

Losing those pounds has helped me make it to a size 16.  I probably haven't been that size since early college.  Well, of course, the next size for me to get down to will be a size 14.  Truth be told, that is when my weight started getting out of control in the first place.  

When I was a younger and a size 14, I was in that awkward stage of my body trying to figure out what it wanted to do with itself.  Not skinny by US standards, but I was good with myself.  However, people started telling me how not proportioned I was because of my chest size and the size of my behind.  What can I say?  My family is blessed in some parts of the body.  Those words really hurt me, so I thought let's put on some weight to help everything balance itself out.  It balanced alright and then it got out of control.  

Here's the thing.  I'm thrilled about my size and I am thrilled about my weight.  However, being a 14 has not been good to me in the past.  So, do I keep my 16 (which was my goal size) and just maintain the lifestyle to the best of my ability?  Or do I keep making the effort to reach my weight goal, knowing that I will more than likely pass that and jump down to a 14 or even a size 12?  Either way, I'm a adult now and I am better prepared to handle whatever comes my way when it comes to body proportioning.  I've come a long way since I was a size 14 and maybe I should look forward to being that size again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment