Saturday, June 28, 2014

Now chanting - No More Solid!

It is officially summer time, plus beauties!  That means it's time to show off some skin.  Legs, arms, feet, etc, but keep it classy.  Also, summer is the great time to try some new styles.  

Now, I didn't have an elaborate shopping trip today, but it was enough for me to tell you about it here.  In other words, this is probably not going to be a long shopping post.  So, I went to Lane Bryant (@lanebryant) today with the goal of only getting underwear.  I had said I would get a top, IFF (math geeks know this as if and only if - I have a math minor, LOL) I found something I really liked and knew that I would get a lot of wear out of it.  With panties on my mind, something else caught my eye.  There was an absolutely gorgeous top that had my name (well, my gov't name) on it, but that price did not.  I went in today on a budget and that was truly out of range.  Disappointed, I went to go find me some panties (smaller size, if I may add) and then proceeded to check out.  

The lady that was checking me out asked, "That's all for today?"  With a somber sound, I said, "Yes".  She asked, "You didn't see a top you wanted?"  Well, of course I had to tell her about the top I saw, but the fact I didn't want to pay that much for it.  That's when she told me about the sale and coupon I could use.  I was on such a one track mind today that I didn't even pay attention to that as I was walking in the door.  So, luckily, they had the top in my size (yes, smaller) and I was to thrilled to give it to the associate so I could check out.  I cannot wait to wear that top tomorrow.  

So, same associate had on a skirt I saw in the store and I asked her about it because it came with a matching top.  Instead of buying the matching top, she used something different and it was too cute on her today!  We talked about it and I realized I had this one thing in common with her - neither of us are afraid to experiment with clothes.  I really wish I would have gotten a photo of her because it was absolutely awesome.  

Here's the thing - the days of plus beauties having to wear all black and/or solid colors only are out the window.  We are so much more than that and we deserve to wear to much more than that.  Thankfully, the designers are taking note, but I really need for more of them to get on the bandwagon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment