Saturday, June 21, 2014

The art of the flashback

So, I've been doing this blog for over a year now and I'm pretty sure that you have learned a lot about me.  I know a few weeks ago I told you what type of underwear I liked and you know that I haven't had a bikini wax.  You know some other things to, but I've told you so much that I don't remember what I haven't told you.  However, something happened today that brought something back to my memory.  It wasn't anything major, but it was enough for me to remember a day in college.  

College is the place where I met many of my best friends.  There is something about college that brings people together because we are all finding ourselves.  The really great things is that if you can all survive each other during that time, you are basically friends for life.  I wasn't the confident writer in college.  In fact, I wasn't even a confident person.  However, everyone that I hung around still loved the outfits that I wore.  

One day, the group of 3 amigas (that's what we called ourselves because we met in Spanish class) were talking and one of my friends asked about my outfit.  I gladly told her where I got it from.  She asked what all the store had.  Instead of answering her question, I said "you're too skinny to wear anything in there".  Looking back at it, I simply could have told her their sister store and told her that she might have some luck finding a similar outfit there.  

The thing is, we as plus divas are quick to say we are hurt because our friends drag us in stores we cannot shop in, yet won't go in a store we can fit in.  However, in our own backwards way, we do the same thing to them.  I didn't have to respond to her like that.  Looking back on it, I wonder if she felt the same way I felt when people told me I wouldn't find their outfit in my size?

In other words, we can all do better.  If we can all work together to make each other feel better about ourselves, then it will all work out and we can be better to and for each other.  Just think about that.  We need each other more than we know.    


No comments:

Post a Comment