Thursday, June 19, 2014

The skinny diaries

Well, for the second time in 72 hours, I have been told that I am getting skinny.  Ok, people, I think that I have made it very clear that I am not the size of what America considers skinny.  However, with my weight loss, people are loving to call me skinny.  In fact, someone told me today that if they blinked, they would have missed me. 

This is all totally cool and flattering, but I just decided to make a lifestyle change.  I'm not doing anything special.  I am still eating what I want, just smaller portions.  I've changed my diet to account for me not being able to work out.  And, I have incorporated 5 to 10 minute workouts to tone myself and to keep myself active.  I'm really proud of myself.  Also thanks to Kymberly Nichole (@Kym_Nichole), I've been motivated to do infused water again and I am loving trying different combos.  (Go follow her people because she is awesome!)

Skinny?  That is so not me.  I am grateful for the compliment, but at the same time, I refuse to let that word take power over me.  Just like I refuse to let the words fat, big, obese, and any other thing we plus divas are called take ownership over me.  I am simply Shayla (well, it's not my government name, but you get my point).  I'm not defined by my size, my writing, or anything else.  At the end of the day, I am my personality, style, and smile, and that is just perfect for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment