Saturday, September 13, 2014

Battle of the boots

I know there are not a lot of full body photos of myself in this blog.  Don't worry, I am going to work on changing that because some of these posts really (and I mean REALLY) are worthy of photos.  This is one of those posts, but since I don't have any, just take my word for it.  

I'm a plus diva.  You already know that by the few photos you have seen of me and because this blog is called #ThePlusDiaries.  Well, there is one fabulously toned part of my body that I love - my legs.  My calf muscles are on point.  They are so on point that someone in m college days got bold in front of his girlfriend and asked to touch my legs.  We were all cool, so we all laughed it off and me being silly put my leg in his reach.  Those were fun times before life got so serious.  I digress...

Well, those gorgeous legs are the result of calf muscles.  I force myself to walk, even when I don't get the chance to work out.  If the weather is comfy, I don't mind parking further away so I can walk.  When I'm at work, I prefer to use the printer across the hall instead of the one right behind me because it forces me to walk.  You get what I am trying to say.  Here is the thing with calf muscles, it is really hard to find boots that fit my legs.  

I'm not ashamed to say this, but I wear anywhere from a size 9 to a size 11, depending on how the shoe is made.  Of course, most of my closet holds size 10.  Heels, boots, flip flops, flats, sandals, the majority are 10s.  So, you have the back story.  Time for me to get you to today.  

I took a kiddo with me shopping today.  That is always interesting.  However, this kiddo is rather outspoken and she will speak her mind when you least expect it.  So, we go to Kohl's to get a present for someone and she helps me pick it out.  However, I was looking for some boots and decided to take a chance and go look in their shoe department.  Of course I see some that I like - that is always the case when I go shoe shopping.  On the other hand, I have to admit that I wasn't too confident about actually finding something that could cover the calves without me having a workout to get that accomplished.  

Back to the outspoken kiddo.  She asks, "What size do you wear?"  Me: "Size 10".  She replies, "I thought you wore an 11."  I laughed because people think I wear a 7 or 8, but little miss outspoken saw the truth.  Can't be mad at her for that.  Well, I find a pair of shoes I LOVE!!!  However, since they do not say "wide width" on the box, I'm a little deflated.  On the other hand, you never know until you try.  

I sit down.  I say a quiet prayer.  I put on the boot.  Since there is not a zipper, I'm seriously nervous because I didn't notice that while I was falling in love with them.  The beautiful brown beauties that come all the way up to my knee that are in a size 10 FIT!!!  Yes, the boots fit!  I wanted to let out a scream, but there were 2 things stopping me - 1: There were people around me and 2: I had already talked to the kiddo about using her inside voice, so I figured that I needed to use mine.  

Happily, I grab my box and head to check out the store.  Here was the even better deal, I had 2 coupons that I was able to use and with the sales and the coupons, I saved around 64 bucks.  Doesn't get much better than that.  

So, tonight, Kohl's was my hero!!!  I had been looking for brown boots for a couple of weeks, mainly because I needed them for an outfit for next Saturday.  A place that I normally don't shop at was my boot lifesaver today and it was pretty awesome.  I now know to put Kohl's on my list of places to go if (let's be serious), WHEN I need shoes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment