Sunday, September 21, 2014

Fashion Sin No More!

If you have been paying attention on twitter the past week, you have known a few things - I was excited about going to be out with my friends last night and I was going to commit a fashion sin and I really didn't care about it.  So, how was the event?  The event was great and I looked too cute.  

What did I wear?  I wore white after Labor Day - a white dress at that.  It was around this time last year I wrote a post about rocking your color.  I don't know if I put it out there then, but let me put it out there now - I never wore white before.  I personally don't think I look good in white...until this year.  I took a risk, bought a white dress, and it looked great on me last night.  I've had this dress all summer and last night was the first time I wore it.  In fact, the tags were still on it until last night.  

You cannot see the entire outfit because I took a famous selfie in the car, but you can see enough of the white.  However, there is another photo that I wish I had gotten.  When we got to the event, there was another plus diva there in white shorts!  Now, I had a pair of those too, but the shirt I was going to wear with it made it look like I didn't have on any shorts (LOL).  

But what did I learn last night?  There is NO rule about wearing white after Labor Day.  Well, at least in my book there is no rule.  If that is what you want to do, then rock the hell out of some white all year long, even in the snow.  Whatever your style is, just be you and don't let anyone else tell you that you shouldn't wear it.  

By the way, if you have been keeping up with my white fashion struggles, this is something you remember.  I'm still not interested in wearing white on my wedding day, but that is obviously a long way out. A very long way out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment