Saturday, September 6, 2014

The caption

Photos are worth a thousand words, right?  Well, I saw a photo today that sent me through a couple of emotions and everything in between a brief chuckle to sadness.  Ok - here goes.  

I was looking at photos today and I ran across one of a plus size lady in the beach in a 2 piece.  Nope, not a tankini (like I sport), but a for real 2 piece.  She was sitting in the sand and for real, she had a lot of size on her.  Truthfully, it looked like that water park scene in Norbit.  You know what I'm talking about.  I'm not making fun of her, but that is the only comparison I can think of.  

The caption on the photo made me chuckle.  Then after it wore off I wondered, I wonder what people thought or even said to her at the beach?  This was an ACTUAL photo.  Not photo shopped.  Not staged.  Not taken out of a magazine bashing thick chicks.  This photo was from a beach trip of someone I know.  After I wondered what was said to the lady in the photo, I wondered what she thought when she decided to not only purchase the bathing suit, but when she wore it.  

In my opinion, I think she has to have some type of confidence to wear what she wore.  I'm not knocking it.  If you are comfortable with that and you can take what people are gong to say and do to you, go for it.  However, if you cannot do this, why do this to yourself?  

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure thick chicks in one pieces get talked about - that is just the way of the world.  On the other hand, I just couldn't imagine putting myself through that.  If me, a thick chick, got a chuckle from just seeing the photo with the caption, what did other people think, say, and do to her?  I cannot imagine.  

What's is my point?  My thing has always been this - if you can help it, do not give people the opportunity to talk about you.  They are already going to do it without you helping them out.  However, if that is what she wanted to do, who am I to stop her?  

No comments:

Post a Comment