Friday, September 19, 2014

The key

Well, I don't know how long this one is going to be.  You never know with me - just depends on how I am feeling.  This post is all coming from a comment that was left on a photo I posted to my personal Facebook page.  The comment was nice and made me feel good, but I couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking about herself when she made the comment.  

In more or less words, she said, "I wish I had your confidence."  There has never been a day that I have been afraid of taking photos.  On the other hand, I will admit that it was a photo that made me change my eating habits.  Trust me, it was worth a thousand words and I started making changes the following weekend.  

I love photos and I have always been confident in them, but never did I think I would see the day I would be confident enough to march into an agency and get signed.  I'm loving what I am doing and I am loving the photo shoots and I love sharing my photos with you.  However, if I can make one person feel better about themselves or help give them the confidence to go for it, that is worth more to me than any photo in my portfolio.  

I told her that she had the confidence.  She's a beautiful mom of 3, a wonderful wife, and I love being around her when I get the chance.  Confidence means more than beauty.  She's confident enough to go hiking, rock climbing, extreme biking, and other things.  I don't have the confidence to do any of those things.  I think that is awesome and I love her for it.  

It's all about how you see yourself.  If you are confident in cute clothes, get you some cute clothes.  If you are confident in a certain style of shoes, get a closet full.  If you are confident in a certain color, wear it out!  In all that you do, be confident.  

Just in case you were wondering, here is the photo that received the comment.  Shoutout to my wonderful photographer from FFS Model and Talent Agency. If you are in North or South Carolina and wanting to give this thing a try, check them out.  You never know until you try.  I gave it a try and look at me - I'm not where I want to be, but I will get there eventually.  

No comments:

Post a Comment