Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The "thing"

Well, in my last post, I told you about my injury.  In case you missed it, here it is in the short version - I was in a car wreck, I've been injured, I'm still under a doctor's care, and I have to have an MRI now.  So, in other words, the saga continues, but I press on.  

After today's trip to the doctor, I wasn't feeling too happy.  It was horrible, in my opinion, and I just wanted to do something that makes any grown woman happy.  Physical therapy may be tomorrow, but retail therapy took place today!  Who was the lucky store today?  Old Navy!

Yes, I took my wonderful self right to Old Navy.  I went because I needed a pick me up and because I was looking for a particular item.  When I went over there to where I was looking, I found they didn't have what I wanted in my size.  Well, what did I do?  I did like any decent female and went over to find me a gorgeous pair of jeans.  Well, I'm not sure if you can tell from my photos on Instagram and Twitter (same name on all social networking sites - @TheShaylaEm), but I am not extremely tall.  I have to buy "short" when it comes to lengths and I am cool with it.  Apparently, I'm not the only person that has to buy that because I had to really dig today.  However, I found what I was looking for.  

Got the jeans, so now I had to complete the entire outfit.  I found me a beautiful burgundy top (well, around here, it's call garnet - #GoGamecocks).  In fact, the lady that checked me out asked me if that was my team - that is a totally different blog because I am not from South Carolina.  In the dressing room (try on EVERYTHING, ladies), I felt like a new person.  I felt so gorgeous and I was just in the dressing room.  I can imagine what I am going to feel like when I wear my outfit with my heels and a cute jacket.  

I don't know what you have going on.  It may be an injury.  It may be someone getting on your nerves.  It may be an array of things.  I say this to you, even if retail therapy is you going to buy a pair of earrings, go get yourself.  It was amazing how a new outfit changed how I felt about my day.  Clothes, jewelry, whatever your "thing" is, it can really make you feel better.  I know my new outfit made my day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment