Sunday, November 2, 2014

Costume

I know that I am a couple of days late, but since this is a Halloween post, let me wish you all a very Happy Halloween!  I hope you all had a wonderful day and are enjoying the candy.  If you are one of those people that don't celebrate Halloween, I at least hope you are enjoying some type of candy.  

So, let's move on.  I don't know how many of you keep up with some internet madness, but someone decided they wanted to post Fat Girl Halloween Costumes on their website.  I say someone because I shop at Walmart for my groceries and I like them for that reason, but in between them posting Fat Girl and the 30 minutes I had to wait in line today and it wasn't Black Friday was just way too much.  Walmart corrected the errors of their ways, apologized, and made peace with it's shoppers.  

However, this event reminded me of how tough it can be for us to find costumes.  At least in the small metropolitan areas I live in, this can be a huge task.  However, after searching on Pinterest, I saw a costume that I liked and ironically I already had everything I needed, except the wig.  My store of choice - Halloween Express!  Although I only went in there to get a wig, I enjoyed seeing people in there of my size and larger trying on costumes.  It was quite refreshing to see this.  

As plus divas, beauties, or whatever you want to call yourself, I think it is time we branch out and get out of the pace of not dressing up for Halloween because we can't find a costume.  There are costumes for us and we should rock the hell out of them.  In fact, a lady similar to size to me dressed up as a devil and I seriously wanted to trade outfits with her while we were at the party in my neighborhood.  


Now, if you are wondering what I dressed as, I considered myself a witch.  Honestly, my favorite part was the wig.  It seemed to be a big hit and once the teens started giving me compliments, this chick really started feeling confident.  

I love Halloween and this is only the second year in my adult life that I have felt comfortable enough to dress up.  Ladies, enjoy yourself and when Halloween comes around next year, find a costume that you like and enjoy the night.  Just an FYI, Halloween falls on a Saturday next year.  Yep, I'm already planning! 

So, did you like my outfit? 

No comments:

Post a Comment