Thursday, January 22, 2015

My version of the Katie Hopkins story (in my own words)

Alright, family!  Hope you have all been doing well.  Yes, I said family.  That is exactly how I see all of you.  However, I feel like my plus family got attacked by some lady a few weeks ago.  I think I actually saw this story last week on Entertainment Tonight and it sort of rubbed me the wrong way.  

There was some lady in England (I could be wrong about the location) that thought she should do a project about "fat" people.  Her goal was to prove to "fat" people (yes, she kept using that word) that they were the cause of their own weight issue and health problems.  She proceeded to gain the weight (and she absolutely thought the food I thought was delicious was gross) and then she started to work out and eat "right" in order to lose the weight.  

Well, her goal worked, but she really upset a bunch of people.  So here is what I have to say to that lady.

I am a plus diva.  I'm proud of being a plus diva and it took me a long time to get that way.  The only major health issue I have is asthma and that is genetic.  Just because we are plus size doesn't mean that people are just eating until they can eat no more.  There are some medicines that cause weight gain.  So, take the medicine and feel better or not take the medicine and continue to be skinny?  When you are thinking like that, I personally think that is vain.  I know a person that had a thyroid issue and was terrified to have it removed because of her fear of surgery.  I think that is a legitimate fear.  So, what lady, you were just going to force her to do something where the fear alone could have killed her?  Have several seats.  Actually, I pity you.  Your perception of life is way off and if you can't accept that we are all different and meant to be different, then have mercy on your soul.  

Here is my real issue with this lady - she has no clue what it is like to walk in someone else's shoes.  Her weight loss journey was so different than those of us that struggle to keep weight off.  It is truly a lifestyle change for most of us, but I'm cool with that.  People like her just irk me.  

You don't know me.  You don't know us.  You have no clue what it is like.  Until you know that feeling, that real feeling, you can keep your opinions to yourself.  That goes for the lady and for anyone else that feels like spreading negativity instead of positivity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment