Thursday, May 7, 2015

The shaming meals

I'm in one of my semi-hostile moods right now.  Not because someone in particular has done anything to me, but I feel some type of way on behalf of my other plus beauties.  I don't know what it is lately or maybe I am just paying closer attention, but the body shaming has been really bad here recently and I've also heard some negative things about how we eat.  

Let's start with this body shaming thing - sit down and shut up!!!  We were not all created to look alike, whether it be big or small.  Admit it, you would get bored if you saw the same body type all day every single day.  Even the married men I work with will tell you I'm married, not blind.  I love working around men because they are so honest and they also think I'm not listening.  One of them is a boob man, one is an ass man, one said he cannot stand females without meat on their bones, and the other ones try to be so secretive that I have to play detective to get stuff out of them.  However, I love being around them because they make life interesting...and they also prove that there is room for all body types!!!  

I think I hate the body shaming of Kelly Clarkson the most because she is absolutely gorgeous, is rocking her post baby body, and seems to be enjoying life.  The people talking about her have no clue about her life and need to have several seats.  Yes, I am a Clarkson fan and I cannot stand hearing people talk badly about her weight.  For some of you this next statement is going to be breaking news, but not everyone loses their baby weight.  However, there are some people that have abs during the eighth month of their pregnancy.  
Sarah Stage is a model and she caused quite a buzz on the Internet because of her toned body during her pregnancy.  I got tired of people talking about her too and her (then) unborn child.  From all indications that she gave, she was healthy and her baby was healthy.  People that knew nothing about her or her body started talking and it was just absolutely ridiculous.  

Now, some of you are probably wondering why I talked about Kelly Clarkson and Sarah Stage in the same blog.  Some of you are probably wondering why I even mentioned Stage in a "plus size" blog.  Well, here is your answer - big or small, body shaming is body shaming.  It just absolutely should not happen.  Also, you should know by now that I love to give shoutouts to our smaller pals because not all of them look at us plus divas like we are worthless because we are the size we are.  

Alright, on to the next topic.  

I went out to eat for lunch earlier this week and today I finished my meal.  I seriously ate of that lunch portion for 3 meals.  Here is the thing people, just because I am the size I am doesn't mean that I don't take care of myself.  Do I have cheat days?  Of course. Cinco de Mayo was this week and my wonderful Mexican friend made a delicious supper and I just couldn't resist!!!  On the other hand, tonight, I made cauliflower pizza and I absolutely loved it.  I can tell you proudly that I have maintained my current weight for 7 months.  Honestly, I think maintaining a weight is harder than losing weight.  Remember, this is my blog so this is my opinion.  I have been trying to decide if I want to lose more weight to read my goal weight or do I just want to maintain because I reached my goal jean size.  Decisions, right?  

Here is the deal...I eat what I want, just less of it.  I have learned the art of portion control.  When I go out to eat, I usually order an appetizer and that fills me up.  When I order a mean, I usually get 2 meals (maybe 3) out of the deal.  

No matter your size, it's important to take care of yourself.  That's truly all that really matters.  So what can we take away from this?  Chill with the body shaming and have eat what is right for you.  You know your body best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment