Thursday, August 6, 2015

Body Talk

I have no clue why this happens, but I seem to experience a writing drought around this time every single year.  Seriously, you can check it out.  It just never fails.  I've tried to figure it out, but I don't have a reason for you.  

Maybe it is because it is the summer and this time of year in the area where I live, it is absolutely miserable here.  Well, at least for me it is.  Everyone else might be cool with this triple digit heat, but it isn't for me.  Or could it be that it's the downward slope of the year and I'm already thinking about the direction of my writing for the next year and I'm already trying to come up with my year end post.  Woah!  

I could keep going, but there is really no point.  However, the writing bug is here tonight.  

I try to be transparent when I write.  I mean, there is really no point in reading these if I am not going to be honest with you.  So, I'm about to have a very transparent moment with you right now.  

Carefully choosing my words, I am once again having a battle with my weight.  I don't if I should use battle, issue, problem, or anything else that seems to fit.  I'll just stick with battle.  Of course, my problem area is my tummy and right now, it is just not going anywhere.  I'm back to using my the app LoseIt (@LoseIt) and it is helping, but I think I am just ready to have results.  I have tried the waist training things and apparently, I am allergic to the material because the next day, I have to put Cortizone cream on my entire torso and take some Benadryl.  A crazy reaction is not an option.  It's like not matter what I do, nothing is changing.  But that isn't true.  I'm already losing inches.  I can tell because my dress looked a lot better this week than it did earlier this year.  I can still fit into my adorable top that I love so much.  I have a new dress (that I'm still waiting to wear) that is beautiful on me...well, at least I think it is.  I can see these changes and as much as I love it, I hate it just as much.  

I guess in my body's own way, it is going to teach me patience.  More important, my body is going to teach me to enjoy the process.  Basically, my body is giving me life lessons.  If I have the ability to change something I don't like, then I need to change it.  Instead of trying to go through life so quickly, enjoy the process of learning the lessons and take time to enjoy the little things.  

As much as I hate to admit it, my body isn't going to change until it is ready to.  And for those of you that have been reading my work for a while, you already know this fact - my boobs are not going anywhere...in fact, I think they have grown...again!!!  But until the change is more visible, I'm going to enjoy the workouts and a few good books while I am on the machines.  


No comments:

Post a Comment