Sunday, September 27, 2015

Hold me Tight!!!

Here lately, I've been seeing things being posted about what "big" girls should wear in the fall and winter.  Well, let me help you, it is not all sweaters and other items that look like sacks!  Plus Divas, we are a lot better than that.  Little Divas, yall are too.  Don't get me wrong, I love me a sweater on a nice cold day, but that is not going to be in my daily wardrobe.  

Why am I speaking out about this?  Well, of course I will be happy to tell you.  I had my first cool weather event over the weekend and I had an absolute blast!  Even better, I loved the outfit I selected.  Due to the weather taking a rainy turn, I had to change my entire outfit, but I was able to work something out.  

As you can see (from the smile on my face), I had a wonderful night, but I loved my outfit.  Many of you are aware of my weight loss journey, which is still going on, and you know it took me a while to wear tights.  Not because the outside world told me not to wear them, but because I knew I did not look right in them.  However, for the past 18 months, I have felt comfy enough to wear tights.  Also, you see I just don't like plain tights - I like things with a little bit more print.  

In other words, I'm not about to let people dictate what I wear.  I will dictate what I wear.  For this reason, that is why I am such an advocate for trying on clothes before you leave the store.  There are several reasons for this and one of them being the fact you have to see what clothes look like on you.  Also, if you are a clearance shopper (which I am), there are many stores with a stricter return policy on clearance items.  

My outfit over the weekend was simple - black and white, with a hint of pink.  Top came from Torrid, tights came from Lane Bryant, and my boots came from Avenue.  Three different stores help me put together this simple, yet adorable outfit.  And guess what, I felt perfectly fine in each article of clothing.  

You are probably wondering why I didn't give you a close up of this photo.  Well, it's not because I don't like my outfit, it is because I just wanted you to see the space around me!  Yes, the sky is gloomy, but the skyline is beautiful and there are wonderful people all around me.  I couldn't ask for anything better than that.  

Here's the thing - wear what you are comfortable in!  If you like how it looks on you, wear it.  No one can tell you what to wear, unless they are buying your clothes.  Enjoy your style.  Your style is part of you and you deserve to showcase your personality in any way you see fit.  Now, go enjoy the fall and the winter.  Enjoy your sweaters, if you choose.  However, if you decide to branch out, enjoy those clothes too!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment