Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The (non) magic number

Well, I think I told you a few weeks ago that I was ready to get back to working out.  I had maintained my size, but I can tell my clothes are fitting weirder than I would like.  Yesterday, I worked out, but I forgot to weigh myself before I went to work.  This morning, I remembered to weigh myself before I took my shower.  

My scale disrespected me this morning.  In turn, I realized that I have been disrespecting my body.  Don't get me wrong, I am still okay with my size - that number is cool.  Right now,  I am unhappy with the number on the scale.  Which means, my size will definitely change.  

Here's the problem with my size changing, when I get down to the next size my weight will take me down to, I will be at the size that got me out of control.  When I was a teen, I was that size, and it was very hard for me.  I was still growing into my body (I know that now) and I was really out of proportion.  I've told you before, I've always had boobs and bottom...but teens can be cruel.  So, I turned into a person that took stock in what other people thought.  The adult I am today is doing better in that department, but it's still hard some days.  The thing about forgiveness is that you don't always forget what caused the madness in the first place.  

As I get ready to start this journey, I hope that I learn lessons about life and teach myself a few things in the process.  Just in case you were wondering, I have been using LoseIt (@LoseIt) to help me keep track of my calories (the ones I eat and the ones I burn off).  It helped me the most during my last weight loss adventure, so I am hoping to have the same results.  

I'm hoping to lose 5 pounds this month.  Since I've said it out loud, I have now put someone out there to keep up.  In turn, you get to help keep me accountable.  Sounds perfect, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment