Monday, December 28, 2015

Pleasantly surprised

Not every post I do is going to be something long and full of words.  This may be the case tonight!  However, I have to tell you about an adventure I had yesterday that was really amazing.  

My mom and I went shopping together.  For those of you who actually know us, you know that has the potential to be a disaster.  We just don't do well together when it comes to shopping because our styles are so different.  On the other hand, there are those moments when something amazing happens - we agree on something perfect for both of us and only one of us will buy it.  Yesterday was my lucky day.  

She had a gift card to a store - Macy's.  We're both plus divas, but neither one of us had taken a chance on clothes in Macy's.  For her, it's her jewelry and shoe store.  For me, it was the store I kept walking past.  Weirdly enough, both of us came out of there yesterday with some solid finds and even better deals.  

In the city I live (I live in another state from my parents), I can get to Macy's in about 10 minutes.  The only time I've stepped foot in my Macy's is to get to another store when I didn't feel like going through the mall entrance.  After yesterday though, I am going to start adding Macy's to my list of places to shop.  

I cannot wait to wear my sweater (or at least that is what I am calling it).  However, if the southeast doesn't get any cooler, I won't be wearing it until next winter anyway.  Where is winter so I can rock my new gear from Macy's?  

No comments:

Post a Comment