Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Facebook Fast

Well, the title is pretty obvious.  I've taken a step back from the other social network.  Don't worry, I don't plan on taking a break from Twitter, Instagram, or Tumblr any time soon.  Why the break from the book of faces?

That's just it - it's a book of faces.  People I knew (or thought I knew) were not the same anymore.  People will do anything for likes or shares.  A lot of people forgot where they came from. and some people never left.  

I love Twitter because I love the business connects I have made on there.  I love the people I've "met" and some of the conversations have been so deep.  I feel some days on Facebook is a popularity contest.  It felt like high school all over again.  I've been out of high school for more than a decade and I really wasn't planning on going back.  The last thing I remember, since my hiatus, was a fight taking place between this guy and the family of the mother of his child.  Yes, I mean the whole family.  Don't get me wrong, the same madness happens on Twitter too, but I have enough people on my TL to keep that to a minimum!  

Why am I telling you this now?  Honestly, I just wanted to let you know.  In some of my other posts, I have the link to my Facebook page.  Well, since I'm not on Facebook, that page is no longer active.  I don't want to go back through all the posts and remove the link because I may rejoin the Facebook one day, but I don't know when that day is going to be.  It could never happen.  

I'm enjoying the quietness of my non Facebook life.  I'm also enjoying the productivity of my Twitter life.  I've been working really hard the past 6 weeks to take this blog to the next level in 2016 and everything seems to be working out perfectly fine.  I can't wait to share it with you.  

By the way, I've been off Facebook since before Halloween.  Two months and counting!!! 

Keep in contact with me on other social networking sites @TheShaylaEm.  


No comments:

Post a Comment