Monday, January 11, 2016

500

It's something about Monday.  I mean on Monday, I hit the ground running working out.  Not literally running, but you get the deal.  But today was a bit different.  

Although my work day went by really fast, I was not feeling the whole come in from work and workout thing.  I mean, not at all.  However, I know I needed to do something because Saturday I had a craving for mozzarella sticks and let's just say that craving was more than satisfied.  I don't know what possessed me to go get the sticks, but I needed them in my life.  And then I thought, I'm going to pay for this later.  Later was today.  

Due to the fact I really didn't feel like working out, I set a goal - 500 calories.  I figured that would be a breeze.  Why 500?  Well, honestly, I felt like 200 was setting myself short.  I had kept up with what I had ate today with the help of LoseIt (@LoseIt) and even though I had already stayed under my calories for the day, I wanted to work out because I wanted to burn off some of what I had eaten today.  I really don't like those days my log has me in the red, so that was also extra motivation.  It wasn't going to be in the red today, but I remember those days when it is in the red (i.e. Saturday).  It's not a good feeling.  

Well, I worked out with my goal in mind.  By the end of my workout, I had burned 700 calories.  Yep, I bragged a little bit.  I even posted it on Instagram.  Since it was on Instagram, it's also on Twitter and Tumblr.  Was I bragging?  Nah.  I like to think of it as me reminding myself I can do it, even when I don't feel like it.  Then, if someone is having that type of day and sees my post, maybe I can motivate them too.  

Nothing fancy - just a goal.  I made it.  That's a real solution - step by step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment