Monday, January 25, 2016

Exercising my right to Zumba!

Here recently, I've fallen back in love with Zumba!  It's the most fun for me when it comes to working out and I don't feel so out of place.  Well, it could really get interesting, but I have a lot to think about.  

Let's start back to about 7 years ago.  This is around the time I was for real about Zumba.  I guess you can say I jumped on the Zumba bandwagon.  I didn't see a lot of results (at first) when it came to my weight, but the inches started coming off almost immediately.  Of course the weight would come.  The instructor that I absolutely adored one day talked to me after class and she told me how proud of me she was because I was keeping up with the skinny people in class.  I took that as a serious compliment!  Seriously!  Before I could even start the class, I had to make sure I took my inhaler and made sure it was close by if I needed it.  In other words, I had to make sure I was close to a wall or window so I had something to put my inhaler on.  She knew all of that!  It was her next statement that shocked me -  you should get certified to teach the class.  I was basically floored because I just kept thinking who's going to come to the Zumba class taught by the big chick?  

Well, that leads us to today.  I have a coworker who wants me to travel to come to her Zumba class.  She said she was going to keep bugging me until I came.  Her class is a bit far for me, but I am willing to give it a try...just to be supportive to my coworker.  However, today she told me you should consider teaching a class.  Then, to add insult to injury (LOL), she told me that I could get a double discount for signing up by a certain time.  

So, I thought of it a few different ways - it could be a fun way to make some extra money.  I know I would be getting a solid workout for one hour a week with a fun group of people.  It would be so much fun!  But then in the back of my mind, even though she kept encouraging me, I wondered will someone actually be interested in taking a class from a person my size?  
I mean, I can keep up, but I would be so terrified that people would take one look at the instructor and and turn away.  However, how will I know if I don't take the chance.  So, it's not something I'm going to think about and make a decision about tomorrow, but it is something to consider.  I mean, I've seen plus size exercise instructors and I've even taken a few classes from them and it was wonderful because I didn't feel so alone.  However, just because they got a warm reception, it doesn't mean I am going to get one.  

What should I do?  I'll, of course, think about it, but I would also like your opinion.  Besides, don't you think it would make for an interesting post every once in a while?


No comments:

Post a Comment