Saturday, February 6, 2016

Save me!

I seem to always have the greatest shopping adventures when I go to a store looking for only a few items.  Today, I went to Lane Bryant specifically looking for boy shorts and a sweater.  By the time I walked out of the store, I had left with several pairs of boy shorts, other Cacique selections, 2 sweaters, a bright shirt, and a peplum top, and a skirt.  Again, absolutely awesome customer service and Gabby (I hope that is how you spell it) was too amazing and patient.  I went to another town to go shopping because they have a much larger store than the one of my side of town.  I guess since they have a bigger store, it was meant for me to come out with more than a few things.  

So, check out that partial receipt.  In between my real women dollars, my coupons I had got in the mail, and my coupon on my phone, you see how much I saved.  By the time I walked out the store today, I had spent less than 100 dollars.  My mom taught me how to bargain shop, but she also taught me how to find nice things on a budget.  For instance, the skirt I bought today was originally 70 dollars.  I refused to pay that because I figured if I really wanted to, I could make it myself for a lot less.  However, today since it was under 20 dollars, I was OK with it.  Sure, I'll be a season late, but I'll also have spent a loss less money.  

Let's talk about these bright colors.  I bought an orange top today that I can wear with my jeans and leggings.  I also tried on a pair of bright yellow pants.  You can see them in the photo.  I've been telling you for years, step out into some color.  Black clothes are beautiful, but they are not the only color that is flattering on bigger ladies.  If you're confident enough to wear it and it looks good on you, have at it!

Now, I can already tell you these pants are going to pose a problem.  First, they are look long.  Don't worry, I have a wonderful lady that does my alterations and I know she can make these work for me.  Second, I have to wear solid black panties.  I had on printed ones today and I could see the fabulous design through the pants.  I can't be walking around the office like that!  Third, these are wide leg and because of my height (I am just under 5'4"), I have a problem with wide leg items.  However, these were flattering on me...at least I think they were.  

I didn't make this purchase today, but I can see these being part of my wardrobe.  Like I said, there is nothing wrong with adding a bit of color.  As far as bright colors are concerned, I don't have a favorite, but I will admit that I do wear more yellow than anything.  I already have a pair of yellow jeans from another store, but you can never have too many bright colors.  


I also found this gem while shopping.  It's a grey sweater with a hint of shimmer in it.  Very pretty and also something I can wear with jeans or leggings.  I hear all the time, big girls shouldn't wear stripes, but stripes have never bothered me and I think I wear them well.  Plus, in my opinion, it adds a little something more to the outfit than just having a solid color.  

Sorry for all the dressing room photos, but this is the best I could do since I went on a solo shopping adventure.  

Here's what I learned today.  I will definitely be taking more trips to the Lane Bryant store in the other town because their selection is epic compared to the one on my side of town.  Shopping with coupons is a must!  Have fun while shopping.  There were several of us in the store and while we were trying on clothes, we would come out and get each opinions from other people.  We'll probably never see each other again, but it was still a good time being around people with a common goal - finding an outfit or outfits that look best on our bodies  

Now, I know #ImNoAngel and I am cool with that.  Lane Bryant has beautiful clothes and they are definitely my place when it comes to underwear selection, since I had my falling out with my previous favorite bra store.  They are not the only place I shop at because I just cannot wear their jean, but I love the store!  There's nothing wrong with being a plus diva, you just gotta dress it right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment