Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Four Facts Tag

I'm sort of excited to be part of this tag!  This will be a first for me and I love trying new things.  The fabulous Theo Person from the Wallflower Kronicles tagged me and I was more than ready to accept the challenge.  I've looked through a few posts of people who have already done this and I cannot wait to share with you in my own unique way.  

I will actually be sharing seven distinct things and under those distinct things, there will be 4 of my favorites of that particular item.  I guess you are actually going to learn 28 things about me, but I think this adds to the twist.  Why seven?  Well, I guess I can give you that answer for free - 7 is the number of completion.  That just means a little something to me, even though it is not my favorite number.  I cannot wait to tag some other bloggers so that we can learn a little bit more about them.  However, let me get to the reason you are here...to learn a little bit more about me!  

There is absolutely no particular order, other than how they came to mind.  Just telling you so you won't be trying to figure out the riddle or something like that.  

4 Weird / Fun Facts about me
1 - I was a cheerleader in high school.  I know you find that hard to believe, but it is true.  
2 - I am short.  There is debate about how tall I actually am.  The last time I was measured, I was just under 5'4", however my love is set on the fact that I'm actually 5'2".  Guess when I make another trip to the doctor, I will ask to see how tall (or short) I really am.  
3 - My day job is a civil engineer.  I design roadways for a living and absolutely love it.  Getting it on paper and then seeing it actually happen, even if it is a few years later, is pretty amazing.
4 - I have social and test anxiety.  I've recently been put back on medication to help deal with this and I am better.  I have learned some coping mechanisms to eventually handle this without medication, but right now, my chill pill is a great friend!  

4 Hobbies
1 - I love to write.  You have probably guessed this by now, but I thought it was worth mentioning.  This isn't the only blog that I own, but this is the most public.  I have countless journals (those are top secret), but blogging seems to really be my thing.  
2 - I love to crochet.  Yes, I know that sounds weird.  My grandma taught me and I put it down when she passed away when I was 12.  A few years ago, I decided to pick it back up and now I have found something really rewarding.  Let me stop this right here before I spill what I'm working on.  
3 - I'm a photo junkie and I enjoy taking photos making scrapbooks.  They are wonderful ways to hold memories and to share stories with other people.  
4 - I like to make custom pieces.  I make jewelry (even though my mom is the main jewelry maker).  When I make jewelry, I make it for me and me only.  Just a great way for me to know I'm the only one wearing it.  Besides, my mom says my pieces are different.  I love being unique and it shows in my jewelry.  I also make headbands.  I used to have an Etsy site, but I stopped it to focus on other things.  

4 Favorite Songs
1 - "Diamonds and Pearls" by Prince!  No, I am not saying this because he recently passed away.  I'm saying this because I absolutely love this song!!!  I love lyrics.  If you just listen to the words of this song, it's so perfect and powerful.  I may not be able to give you a lavish lifestyle or be perfect, "but all I can do is just offer you my love".  What is more beautiful? 

2 - "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson.  First of all, she is the American Idol and she is awesome.  However, this song is literally the story of my life.  I grew up in a small town and I literally could not wait to breakaway and get the chance to be my own person, not the expectation of the small town.  

3 - "Man In The Mirror" by Michael Jackson.  I want to leave this world in a little bit better shape than it was when I joined it.  That's not going to happen by me having ideas and running to people to get them off the ground.  It happens with me looking at myself, deciding to do something about the world I live in, and making a positive change.  

4 - "I Lived" by One Republic.  When I do take my last breath, I want people to say she lived an amazing life.  It's a wonderful song that tells an amazing story.  I want my story to be amazing and each day, I add another page to my book.

4 Favorite States
1 - No matter the madness happening up there right now, North Carolina is on this list!  It's where I grew up.  It's where I became the writer I am today.  Even though my permanent address is no longer there, at the end of the day, it is still home.  

2 - I love Virginia.  We've vacationed up there so many times and at so many places.  It's a beautiful place and either of the resorts we stay at are amazing.  It's a short drive to get to the beach, shopping, and any sights I want to go to!  I know that say the state is for lovers, but I love going there to rejuvenate.  

3 - Oregon was an awesome place.  I had a job interview out there and I decided to turn it into a vacation.  I saw as much as I could, even though the weather did not want to cooperate.  The one thing I did notice while out there was the people!  They were so friendly and helped me navigate a strange place.  I think I could have lived out there, but the job didn't come through.

4 - Florida?  What can I say!  I love the beach.  I love Disney.  I love Universal Studios!  Even though it has been under construction forever, I love driving on I-4.  I love Orlando.  I love International Drive.  Plus, I do have some family there and it is always good to see them.  

4 Favorite Movies
1 - Armageddon.  It came out in the late 90s, but it is my jam.  When it first came out on Netflix, I watched it every single day when I got in from work.  Since I've already written about my love for Armageddon in another post, I'll just end this right here.

2 - We Are Marshall.  Yes, I love football so of course I would love a football movie.  I love the story it tells of never giving up.  An entire town was hurting and they were able to pull it together.  I know the movie added extra stuff to fill the time, but from the things I read about the time it happened, those were rough days.  Those were rough years.  Not just for the football program, but for the people trying to put their lives back together.  

3 - Center Stage.  I really don't know how to even explain this one to you, but I just know I love the movie.  I'm in no way, shape, or form a dancer and I definitely never took ballet, but for some reason, I was drawn into that movie!  Maybe it was the drama and seeing all the madness that it takes to really achieve a goal, but it was really good to me.  I know, it's weird, but it is one of my favs.  

4 - Kingdom Come.  I finally found this in the 5 dollar bin at Walmart and I had to have it.  It's a comedy that centers around a funeral.  However, my absolute favorite part is that you can pick out your family members within the movie and get a good laugh.  

4 Favorite Foods
1 - Pizza! I love pizza!  I can eat pizza all 3 meals of the day.  I can eat it cold, but I prefer it hot.  I like pizza rolls.  I like pizza pasta.  I just like pizza.  I have Pizza Hut from various towns in my phone and if I get the urge, I will call them!  In fact, one of the places got to know me so well that they already knew my order when I called.  

2 - I like sushi.  I just started eating it about 3 years ago, but I'm cool with it!  I'm not a sushi insider or anything like that, but I like what I like.  I even use chopsticks while eating.  I'm getting there.  

3 - My guilty pleasure meal is a Whopper from Burger King.  When I tell my love I want my guilty pleasure food, he knows exactly where to take me.  I like messy burgers and it doesn't get more messy than a Whopper! 

4 - My dad's lasagna!  If it is not my dad's, I'm not eating it.  I'm going to have to get his recipe!  He never made it often anyway and it rarely appears in my parents' house since I moved out 5 years ago.  However, just writing about it makes me want to put in a special order.  When is the next time I'm going to visit them?  LOL

4 Favorite places to shop
1 - I love Old Navy.  They have the absolute best jeans ever.  I have plenty of their shirts too.  I even rock a few of their dresses.  Who am I kidding, almost my entire wardrobe has come from Old Navy.  

2 - I like to shop at Lane Bryant.  I'm a plus diva and my boobs are no different.  Basically, they are the only place I can get bras.  How can I not have them on this list when they keep my girls perfectly lifted and in place?

3 - I talk about clothes a lot, but there is another place I love.  Home Goods is my place!!!  My coworkers got me a gift card to there for my birthday and I was all the way giddy.  Yes, I said giddy.  I can't wait to shop there again, but I need to block out at least an hour.  Not that I'm going to be in there buying stuff for an hour, but because I just want to look around and really enjoy myself.  

4 - This final place is a little gem I just found.  Seriously, I just happened to be walking to a restaurant and decided to drop in with a friend of mine.  Before we went in, I told her I would just look at shoes and jewelry because I knew I wouldn't be able to fit any of the clothes.  This store is Entourage!  Cute clothes, that I couldn't wear.  But, I did walk out of the store with a new pair of shoes.  In fact, I walked out of the store wearing the shoes I had just bought.  I thought that was pretty awesome.  Now, imagine how awesome it was to come home and see they were launching a plus size line?!  I have to order online for now, but I cannot wait to place my first order and write about the experience.  

Well, I hope you have learned a little bit more about me and I hope I haven't bored you too bad with this long post.  However, there is more.  Now it's time for me to share with you who I would like to tag.  Here they are (in no particular order)...

1 - Ruby Wright from GUB Life.
2 - Dani from Beyond the Kurves
3CeCe from Plus Size Princess
4 - Michelle from Love Michelle Ana

Ladies, I hope you had as much fun with this post as I did!  



5 comments:

  1. Kelly Clarkson!!!!!! Yes sass it's been so many years since I've listened to that song but I guarantee I still know all of the words. That song meant so much to me and stay does in a way. And Armageddon!!! "WE WIN GRACIE!!!!" Almost made me cry. I absolutely love it. Great choices. Loved reading it!


    Www.wallflowerkronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Theo! I truly appreciate you tagging me so I could be part of this!

      Delete