Monday, June 20, 2016

I Found Dory

I'm a big kid.  Seriously, it's nothing for me to use the hashtag #BigKidAlert.  Well, Thursday night, I was definitely a big kid.  I was so happy I was able to get tickets to the Thursday night showing of Finding Dory.  Out of the fifteen of us in the showing, the youngest person had to be in high school.  

Source: Disney Pixar
I told my mom about my Thursday night adventure and she asked me how it was.  I told her I really enjoyed it and that I was glad I went.  Then she asked me, and you didn't even have to take a child with you to enjoy it, did you?  Want to know why she asked that question?  Well, here goes....

I love cartoons.  It's not a big secret.  When I go visit them, it's nothing for them to find me in the room watching cartoons.  Usually, they will just sit there and enjoy it with me because I think they just like the sound of my laugh.  However, I've always felt weird about going to see a cartoon in the movie theater without a kid.  

I mean, I'm old enough to have kids, but I don't (at least none that made it through delivery anyway - see this post).  Each time a Disney Pixar movie comes out that I really want to see (which is basically all of them), I just wait until they are released on DVD or Netflix.  I know it doesn't bother other people, but I feel strange walking in there without a child...or maybe it makes me miss the child I only held for a day much more.  Not sure what it is, but Thursday, I decided to make a change.  

The ticket was purchased Thursday morning during my break.  I had thought about it all morning and decided, I'm going to treat myself.  I had a little extra money and a movie seemed like the perfect thing to do.  I wanted to splurge a little bit, so I decided to see it in 3D.  

Oh boy, was it awesome!!!  I'm so glad I decided to go.  However, I did make sure to go to the late showing so I would not have to fight the kiddos to get a seat or get mad at them for not knowing movie etiquette.  But I also learned one thing...

There is nothing wrong with being a kid a heart.  I thought I was going to have a hard time thinking about it and wishing my kid was there with me, but I didn't.  I just had a good time and enjoyed the message of the movie (yes, Finding Dory has a powerful message that we all need to hear).  I don't know when I'll go treat myself to a kiddie movie again, but I won't worry about having to offer babysitting services just to go see it.  I'm perfectly fine being a kid for a night.  And since I'm short anyway, I'll probably fit right in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment