Thursday, June 2, 2016

I love my clothes

This post is a bit different because even though I talk about fashion, I don't always talk about my fashion.  Sometimes, I feel like my style is a little too much for people and that people will not like it.  However, even though I take risks, people still like what I wear.  Tonight was no different.  

If you have known me for any length of time, you know I could care less about matching.  I think mixing colors and patterns is neat.  Now, I don't go overboard, but a little bit of mixing goes a long way.  What do I mean?  Well, I thought you would never ask.  

As you can see, matching is not a problem for me because I don't have to match to look cute.  Let's handle this first - some of you are immediately looking at my bra strap.  Here is the deal, I'm a plus diva and my boobs are no different.  It doesn't matter how much weight I lose, my boobs remain.  Currently, I wear a F and G cup, depending on the style of the bra from Lane Bryant.  Yes, those are the only bras I allow to hold my boobs.  So, when wearing these types of shirts, I will do my best to match my bra with my tank.  I could put on a strapless bra, but they are not comfy to me.  When I'm out having a good time, comfort is more important than me feeling bad about my bra strap showing.  Now that we have that covered, let's move on.  

My shoes are a beautiful mint color from Shoe Carnival.  I was so shocked to find these shoes in my size because the more generic color was sold out.  How weird was that?  Tonight, these shoes served a dual purpose - cute and also comfy because my new foot tattoo is in the process of healing.  

Jean are from Old Navy.  Are you surprised?  You probably are not.  These are a coral (or peach) color - whichever one you want to argue.  They are super stretchy and forever comfortable.  Just because I'm a big girl doesn't mean that I cannot pull of colors.  Stop telling yourself that darks are the only colors you can wear.  

The cami came from Cato Plus!  It's a deep brown that brings out the print in the outer top.  Now, I haven't shopped at Cato in years, but when I go, I do find some pretty awesome things.  

The floral top (which I was surprised I actually liked because I'm not a huge fan of floral prints) also came from Old Navy!  This top is a mix of creams, tans, and browns.  Absolutely beautiful mixture of color to go with the brightness of my jeans and shoes.  

Well, jewelry is important.  I believe jewelry can pull together so much!  So, even though not the same colors at all, the jeans and tops (including the bra straps) pulled together.  However, I had on these mint colored shoes (because they were comfy).  How in the world did I make this work?  Easy - jewelry!!!  

Forgive my hand in the background, but I really thought this was the best way for you to see the color.  Although not a mint, it is still a shade of blue.  Then, the blue on my Guess pocketbook pulled all three shades together.  Where can you find these earrings?  You can't!  Believe it or not, I actually made these myself.  

If you check out Diva Dezynes, you will see my mom is a jewelry maker after she finishes her day job.  I'm not a jewelry maker like her, but when we spend some time together, she can convince me to make some pieces.  Well, these are a few of the pieces I have made.  

I had to figure out how to use the peace symbols.  Once I noticed she had some other beads in her collection to semi-match, it was a go!  Again, not the same shade of blue, but it was still enough to tie everything together.

For dinner with some amazing people tonight, this was my outfit!  Something simple and quick, but it still received a few compliments.  Never be afraid to take a chance with your clothes.  Mix them up and make dozens of outfits when the natural eye only wants to see one or two outfits.  Have some fun and enjoy your clothes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment