Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Lady in red

Ok, I've been working on a draft all week!  Seriously, all week!  And yes, I'm still working on it, but I'm enjoying the process and taking a trip.  However, you will see the post soon enough.  

Tonight is brought to you by the color red.  Well, Saturday night (last weekend), was brought to you by the color red.  About a month ago, I attended a My Favorite Things party.  I had never been to one before and wasn't sure what to expect.  However, I ended up having a great time and getting some wonderful gifts.  If I remember correctly, I got a wine glass, candles, lip gloss, and a few other things.  But let's talk about this red stuff on my lips.

Apparently, Revlon makes this really awesome Ultra Matte HD Lipcolor.  The thing is, when you get your gifts at the party, you have no clue what you are getting.  So, when I opened this gift, I didn't know what to think.  Don't get me wrong, I love lip color, I just always thought I did not look good in red.  Well, this is what I learned - I was just wearing the wrong red.  

I took a risk and tested this lip color while going out over the weekend.  I was really pleased with the look and I think I wore it well...at least that is what people were telling me.  To top it off, I had on some beautiful red pants from Old Navy.  Basically, I was all the way matching!  

Check out those lips!  Ok, that was a little weird saying that about myself, but for real though, I think this looks amazing on my lips!  It has taken me so many years to try red on my lips again, but I am so happy to have received this gift at the party.  

Honestly, other than my eye shadow (which you obviously cannot see), lip color was the only thing I wore for make-up.  It was just too hot to do a full face and walk around The Vista for a few hours.  But let me tell you, it was so much fun!  

Here is what I want you to do - take a chance with some different looks!  I tell people the same thing all the time, but yet was too afraid to try a color.  I can honestly tell you this will not be the last time red will be on my lips.  Now, I just need another excuse to wear it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment