Sunday, August 28, 2016

Decently confident

It has taken me some years for me to get to a point where I am ok with my body.  My body never stays the same, even though it stays within a certain size range.  My body isn't constant, and I have learned to deal with and dress for it!  Sometimes, I'm really bloated and I don't feel cute, no matter what I have on...so I will choose a dress.  Sometimes, I know I'm going out to eat, so I will wear certain jeans that will still look flattering even after having a burger.  Or maybe, I know I'm not going to be out long, so I will wear a cute pair of sweats and a cute t-shirt.  No matter the occassion, I still find a way to look presentable.  Another reason I always look presentable, I honestly never know where I am going to end up.  

Yesterday, I met up with some of my friends to go to a festival.  It was awesome, but it was also hot!  Jeans were not going to be my friend out there, so I decided to wear a cute sundress.  Well, another thing I didn't plan for was the wind.  The wind had me out there looking like Ms. Monroe at some moments, but at least I actually had on full panties.  Hey, there is a disclaimer right before you enter this site, so um...yeah...

Honestly, I think I looked cute yesterday.  Makeup was on, shoes were cute, and my crossbody bag just made it more awesome.  As I was leaving the festival, I had this thought - I wonder if i can find some shoes for another event?  Well, since I looked decent, I didn't mind stopping at one of my favorite little gems - Entourage!  

Entourage is a cute little boutique and it's just one of those places you just have to already look cute when you go inside.  I'm serious, it's just one of those places and I love it!  Well, ironically, the shoes I had on yesterday were purchased from that store.  As soon as I walked in, the manager recognized me and the shoes and complimented me and then I told her what I was looking for.  Unfortunately, they didn't have the shoes I was looking for yesterday, but I got something so much better - an extra boost of confidence.  


Although Entourage is launching a plus size line and I have already ordered from it online, not every store have them available for me to try on.  The manager, staff, and other shoppers could see me walking in and know I was not able to wear a single article of clothing in the store.  However, I still wasn't treated like a what are you doing in here person.  Grant it, I shop the store religiously for shoes, but the customers didn't know that.  I didn't get dirty looks.  I didn't get the eye rolls.  I was treated very well and I think there is another reason for that...

Skinny for fluffy, you have to know how to dress yourself and look presentable!  I'm so serious right now!  We know good and well that if you see someone out in public looking like they just got out of bed or someone in general who looks like they put absolutely no effort in getting dressed, we look at them with the why are you even in public face.  Don't act like you don't!!!  And if we are all honest with ourselves, we've gone out the house looking like that too...before we knew better!!!  

Presentation is everything.  You wouldn't be a chef and just send out a plate of food looking like it just fell on the floor.  You wouldn't be an architect and go out with the prototype for your design looking like a child put it together.  You wouldn't show up for an interview looking like you have no desire to get the job.  So, why would you go out anywhere looking like a bum?  Now, don't get me wrong, you will catch me having a bum moment.  However, if my friends decide they want to go out, please understand that I'm going to change clothes before we head out.  

Another reason to go out looking decent at all times, you never know who you are going to see out in public.  People can see you from a distance and you not even know it!  But let me assure you one thing, they are going to talk about you from a distance too.  We've all done it and it's also been done to us.  

What is today's lesson?  Look nice!!!  I'm not talking about wearing makeup and looking like you just stepped off a runway every single day, but look like people wouldn't mind being seeing out in public with you.  Forget other people, look decent for yourself. If you feel confident, it will show and no one will be able to stop your confidence! 

Outfit details:
Dress: Vera Wang from Kohl's
Earrings: Diva Dezynes
Shoes: Entourage

Photo credit: My wonderful friend via my phone! 

Follow

3 comments:

  1. Wow now I feel like I looked awful yesterday. You looked gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously? And here I was thinking "I wish I could wear shorts"? LOL! Just goes to show you that each of us have a body insecurity that we are still working on overcoming!

      Delete
  2. Wow now I feel like I looked awful yesterday. You looked gorgeous

    ReplyDelete