Monday, August 1, 2016

The #bujo and me!

Well, if you follow me on Instagram, you know that I'm enjoying a new adventure by having a bullet journal.  Many people use this journal as a great way to organize their daily, weekly, or monthly routine.  I think that is pretty cool and I've enjoyed looking at some of the layouts.  For you to get an idea of what my bullet journal looks like and what I'm using it for, just click here.  

I didn't buy my journal until the first week of July.  In other words, I missed all of the adventures I had that first week.  They may even be forgotten sometime in the future, but from here on out, I'll be able to have reminders.  Seeing as how things evolve, I know my journal will evolve too.  Maybe it will turn into a weekly format.  I don't know, I might get so fancy that it turns into a monthly format.  We'll just have to see how that goes.  For right now, I'm cool with the disorganized mess that is my bullet journal (#bujo for short).  

For the end of July, I decided to focus on one thing each day that made me happy.  Well, that is how I decided to end my first month in the bullet journal.  If you take a look at the photo, you will see that I decided to go with a partial sun design and even used bright colors to get my message across - happiness.  For each day I did my version of the bullet journal in July (which is all but that first week), I picked the best thing I did or best event from that day.  When I have one of my down days, and believe me one will always come, I will have something to hold in my hand to look back on and see happiness!

I know this type of bullet journal is absolutely weird to some of my fellow #bujo peeps, but it is working for me right now.  Like I said, I'm sure it will evolve and get more creative as time goes on.  But for right now, I'm just going to enjoy this style and continue to do a positive page each month.

Here is my question - how do you #bujo?  

      

Photo credit: ecastro via VisualHunt.com / CC BY
Photo credit: Shayla Em

No comments:

Post a Comment