Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Update on Taylor

In late June, there was a little situation that happened at my job.  Of course, I took it as an opportunity to write.  If you missed that post, you can check it out right here.  However, that is an update I have to share with you.  

Taylor returned to work yesterday.  The only reason I knew was because we were outside getting ready to cross the street from the parking deck.  I looked at Taylor and said "Good morning"!  Typically, the Taylor I know would say good morning and strike up a conversation.   Well, that didn't happen yesterday and honestly, I was a little bummed about it.  

When I first started taking my medication for anxiety,I tried really hard to remain the same Shayla.  I tried to stay steady.  I kept my head down and just let my medication get regulated.  In fact, when I first started on the meds, my doctor kept a close eye on me.  In fact, I need to make an appointment for my checkup in the next few weeks.  

In going off the assumption of Taylor being on medication.  Why?  Well, Taylor just wasn't the Taylor I knew.  I waned to think that Taylor didn't recognize me because of my new hair.  I wanted to think it was the medication making Taylor be so quiet.  In fact, in the past two days at the office, I haven't even seen Taylor in the hallways.  That's just not the Taylor I know.  However, I have to wonder - will the Taylor I know ever return?

Here's the thing - mental illness, whether it is anxiety, depression, an eating disorder, OCD, or any other disorder that falls under the umbrella is a real thing.  It's a reality.  It effects so many people, but no one wants to talk about it.  Well, actually, no one wants to talk about it.  However, we need to start talking about it.  We owe it to all the people we've lost to mental illness to talk about it.
  
I don't know what is going to happen to Taylor, but I hope Taylor continues to be on a positive road.  As for myself, I look for a day I will get to coping instead of medicating.  I just hope that day eventually comes.  





Photo credit: PracticalCures via Visual hunt / CC BY
Photo credit: marc falardeau via VisualHunt / CC BY

No comments:

Post a Comment