Saturday, September 10, 2016

Thursday Announcement

If you haven't been keeping up with my life in the past 72 hours, you probably didn't know I had a rather interesting Thursday.  I mean, I had to post something on my Instagram (which I'm about to explain) that morning, then someone tried (but failed) to come for me on my Twitter.  Of course, I wrote about that ordeal too right here.  I'm a blogger (which I think he had no clue), so what did you really expect?  However, that caused this post to be late...simply because I try not to post 2 blogs on the same day.  

I pride myself in being honest with my readers.  Sometimes, that means I have to give you a bit of a story before I get to my reason for the post itself.  Let me go ahead and warn you, this is going to be one of those times.  


Thursday morning, I woke up and I had some new followers on Instagram.  I absolutely love getting new followers and most of the time, I follow them back...if I think they are cool.  If I can tell you are a bot, I automatically block you.  I just don't have the energy to deal with all the madness.  But it was one particular person that really got on my nerves...even though this is not the first time it had happened.  
One of my new followers was strictly all about flat tummy tea.  If you haven't heard of it, I honestly don't see how you have missed it.  Literally, it is everywhere, but it is not going to be on my page!!!  

Well, how do you know this person was strictly all about flat tummy tea?  Simple - every single picture on the page (which was only about 5) was a before and after shot of people on the tea.  Quite frankly, I'm not even sure if they were the same people in the before and after pictures.  

A few weeks ago, I had seen a post on twitter about a plus size blogger doing the flat tummy tea challenge.  What I thought was interesting (and sort of cool) was that another plus size blogger called her out on it and basically told her she just lost all of her credibility.  I know those were strong words, but they are absolutely true!  If you are a plus size blogger and you are proud of being a plus size blogger and even if you lose weight, you will still be considered a plus size blogger, WHY would you be willing to lose your audience for another possible check?  It just isn't worth it to me and I am sad this fellow plus size blogger thought it would be worth it to her.  

Even when I was smaller, I was still pretty solid and it took me a while to embrace that part of me.  I have even written about the fact of being afraid to get back down to a size 14 because of the way my body is built.  Quite frankly, 14 didn't look good on me as a teen and seeing as how I am definitely a more developed adult, I just can't see it looking good on me now.  

I am very clear about me taking care of myself though.  I eat right, but I will indulge every once in a while.  I work out.  For the second month in a row, I decided to keep a fitness tracker in my bullet journal to help me with that endeavor.  I mean, as I write this post, I'm eating a bowl of strawberries as a snack!  There are ways to lose weight and maintain weight without turning to something weird to do it.  

As a plus size blogger, I hope I never do anything to make you look at me and think are you really serious about your craft?  I hope you can look at my blog and see how serious I am!  I love doing this and I couldn't imagine not doing it.  I will make sure everything I do shows you how serious I am and I know for certain my talent manager will not allow me to do anything that could possibly hurt or discredit myself or anything I have ever done to get to this point.  

Big or small, short or tall, be happy being you.  But if you do decide you are ready for a change, make sure you take care of yourself because you only get one body.  Use it wisely!
  

Basically, this is why I ended up posting what I did on Instagram.  I was really over people following me trying to promote a product I obviously don't want anything to do with.  If you clearly look at my profile on all of my social media, I state to you that I'm a plus size blogger (to save space, it probably says #psblogger).  I have no problem with what I do and I have learned to appreciate my entire body, with a few body hating days in between.  When I do decide to get behind a product, it will be something I have used and not just showing off a product to get a good photo.  This blog will not be sold to the highest bidder and I refuse to sell myself as well.  

Photo credit: Shayla Em

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment