Monday, October 31, 2016

10 for 10

Total blog posts including this one will be 189.  However, this post is important to me because it is the 100th time this year I've come to you in this blog.  I asked for some help concerning this post and the wonderful Tanisha gave me some great ideas.  It is her basic ideas that have led me to what this post is going to be today.  After taking her idea and adding a few of my own, I came up with this!  

Today, you are going to get to know me a bit better, but I'm breaking it down into 10 topics.  Want to take a guess as to how many things you are going to learn in each section?  If you guessed 10, you are definitely on a roll.  Keep in mind, these are in no particular order.  By the end of this post, you will know 100 things about me.  So, since I have a lot to do, I think it is time for me to get to it.  



Yes, I'm the weird person that isn't a fan of the summer.  I don't really like the Spring because of my allergies.  Summer in the south is horrible.  The humidity will literally take your breath away.  Fall, I typically get along with, but there is just something about Winter that makes me feel absolutely awesome.  So, let's talk about these 10 reasons I love winter.
  1. It's cold!  I love cold weather.  Plain and simple.  I can add clothes, but I cannot take off my skin when I get too hot.
  2. No allergies!  I hate allergies and to be honest, they get on my nerves. 
  3. Snow!!!  I live in the south, so even the slightest possibility of snow makes me happy.  One year, it snowed, but it didn't stick.  It was just enough to make me happy though because I at least got to see snow during the year! 
  4. Snow cream!  My mom's snow cream is the best and since I grew up close to the mountains (though still in the south), I there was a better chance of me getting snow.  So now when she gets snow and I don't, she will not only make snow cream, but she will also save me some.
  5. Boots!  I love boots!  I have my faux Uggs and my knee high boots that are just waiting for me! 
  6. Winter is just cozy.  I don't have an explanation because it's just perfect.
  7. Hot drinks are perfect for this time of year.  Weather you prefer hot cocoa or coffee, this is the perfect time of year to drink it and not roast!
  8. I love blankets!  I have plenty of blankets.  Nothing like wrapping up in a blanket to do a blog post, especially when it's just chilly enough to sit out on my patio!
  9. My birthday is in Winter!  I mean, it's at the end of Winter, but that still counts!
  10. In my hemisphere, the new year happens in Winter.  A time for reflection and change at the same time.  Awesome!  


I like to do a lot of things, but these are basically my top 10.  
  1. I love to read and write.  I guess that one was sort of obvious, right?
  2. I like to crochet.  This is more of a Fall and Winter activity for me because the blankets I make also keep me warm, but it is something I enjoy doing.
  3. I like to color.  Yes, color.  If you check out my Instagram feed, you will notice I've been coloring a lot lately.  Go check it out.  And while you are there, follow me and like a few posts! 
  4. I love to cook!  Although I live alone, I cook like I have a family.  Grant it, sometimes my love will come over and get him some food, but that's about it.  It's relaxing and I love it.  
  5. I love to go walking.  Talk about the perfect activity to clear my head and do a lot of thinking!
  6. I love to shop.  I love to shop for anything, particularly clothes!  I love putting outfits together and I love buying decor pieces for my home.  
  7. Driving is one of my favorite activities.  I turn up my music and I am good to go!  
  8. I love to travel!  In fact, I'm writing this post on vacay and I couldn't be more happy about it.  
  9. I enjoy listening to music.  Typically, I blog while listening to music because having the TV on is not good for my blogging brain.  
  10. Then there are those days when I absolutely love to watch TV and just chill out!  What do I mean?  I will catch up on several episodes of shows on Hulu at one time or binge watch a show on Netflix and feel no remorse.  In fact, I'll probably do that this week!


Columbia is my current city of residence.  Since I live in a big city and also grew up in a small town, this is place is absolutely perfect for me.  
  1. There are some cool places to shop.  My favorite place is Sandhills because of the variety, but it's also not a far drive for me.
  2. The location of this city is awesome.  I can get to the beach or mountains in a matter of hours.  I can get to Florida in 4 hours.  I can get to my hometown in 2 hours.  And if I want to visit Charlotte, unless traffic is horrible, I can get their in about 90 minutes.
  3. I moved to Columbia because of my job, so of course work has to be on the list!
  4. After being there for five years, I finally feel like I can call Columbia home.  So yes, it's my home.
  5. The food variety is pretty awesome and I feel like there is always something new coming.  Plus, this is where I decided to try to eat sushi and use chopsticks.  I haven't looked back since. 
  6. I have made some pretty awesome friends in my home city.  I'm so thankful for them.
  7. So apparently, Columbia is the new place to have concerts! Hey, it saves me some money since I don't have to drive to Charlotte!  
  8. There are some unique little finds in Columbia.  Whether it's a boutique or an interesting restaurant, you will be able to find a quirky place to fit your style.  
  9. We are home to the Columbia Fireflies!  I'm not a fan of baseball when it's on TV, but take me to the ballpark and I am so engaged!  Plus, this is an activity I can share with my dad.
  10. There are plenty of things to do.  So many festivals to choose from!  The fairgrounds always have an activity. You just have to find something to fit your flavor.  

OMG - I spent some wonderful years at this place!  UNC-Charlotte is awesome and here are my absolute favorite things about this place!
  1. My degree is from there!  I have a BS in Civil Engineering from the William States Lee College of Engineering and I have a minor in Mathematics.  
  2. College shaped me!  I met some really cool people and I learned this world had so much more to offer me!
  3. Moore Hall was the best dorm.  If you are in college and you haven't have the pleasure of enjoying dorm life, you are not doing it right!!!
  4. I made lifelong friends.  I was a college freshman in 2003 and there are still people I talk to today.  I wouldn't trade those friendships for anything.
  5. I was able to meet a lot of people from different backgrounds.  It is a pretty interesting place and I'm so thankful I chose that place to be my college home.
  6. College was a new adventure that I wasn't fully ready for.  However, it turned out to be the best adventure of my life.  
  7. Going to college here gave me a chance to live in Charlotte.  I watched the city grow into something really amazing and I think I'm really blessed to have lived there.
  8. I learned a lot about life in college.  I grew and it helped make me the person I am today.
  9. I had some awesome professors.  When I felt like giving up, they didn't let me.  I was more than a student to them.  I was a person.
  10. There was plenty to do on campus, especially after the new student union was built.  I will always cherish the basketball games and I really hate I had graduated by the time the football team got there.  Guess that just means I have to travel up for a game! 

There are plenty of interesting people in this world, but here is my list of people I would love to have a conversation with one day.  And saints, chill out!  Jesus may not be on this list, but since you know I'm a Christian, you should already know this is the ultimate goal.  I think I will just keep this one as a list because if I try to explain all of them, we could be here for a long time.
  1. Lady Gaga
  2. Chandra Wilson
  3. Ray Lewis
  4. Gabi Gregg
  5. Britney Spears
  6. Ashley Graham
  7. Leslie Jones
  8. Christian Siriano
  9. Ashley Nell Tipton
  10. Justin Timberlake 

You know I love to travel.  You also know I'm on vacation doing this post.  So, let's talk about some of the places I like to go!
  1. Lincolnton, NC aka Ltown.  It's not special to most people, but it's home to me.  Plus, this is the home of Bar-B-Q King so you really can't go wrong!
  2. Virginia Beach has the nicest boardwalk to any beach I have ever been too.  I had considered taking a job up here, but it didn't work out for me.  Maybe that was for the best because I would probably not get a lot accomplished over the weekends.
  3. Atlantic Beach, NC is one of the most peaceful beaches I've ever been too.  I love it simply because there is not a lot of people and it is really great for my introverted self.
  4. I've learned to love Charleston, SC.  The first time I went, I hated it.  However, it was probably because of the people I was with.  As I've gotten older, I've learned to appreciate the beauty and history.  Plus, it has one of the coolest bridges I have ever seen. 
  5. Savannah, GA is awesome.  Apparently, I have so much more to do there, so I'm going to be planning another trip soon!  
  6. I've had the pleasure of going to the Bahamas twice and I really need to go back!  
  7. Portland, OR was the deal.  I went out there for a job interview and decided to turn it into a vacation.  It was one of the best times I had ever had.  Definitely a place I have to travel too again.  
  8. The three weeks I spent in Australia were the best.  I still have friends there and one day, I will go back!  
  9. I'm a fan of aquariums and zoos!  I know I'm a bit of a nerd for saying that, but I'm cool with that.  
  10. I love art museums.  I took art as an elective in college and that is when my love for art museums started.  I had to go for class, but I ended up staying for hours.  Now, it's just something I like to do.  

Sometimes, the most random things roll off my tongue.  Well, that's because I'm a totally random person.  I have weird thoughts about life and of things happening around me.  But, I think that makes me who I am.  
  1. I have anxiety.  I thought it was just social anxiety, but it runs a little bit deeper.  I am on medication to help me with it, but I'm also learning to cope without meds because I don't want to be on it for the rest of my life.  
  2. My absolute favorite color is red!  
  3. I'm not really a fan of rap music.  I have a few artist I listen to, but the song would really have to speak to me. 
  4. I'm a solid Washington Redskins fan.  Although I grew up in North Carolina, the Carolina Panthers did not exist until 1995.  The regional team was the Redskins.  The best part - my mom is an avid Cowboys fan.  It has made for some interesting football games!
  5. I like to do crafts.  Whether it is crocheting, coloring, scrapbooking, making headbands, or making jewelry, crafting makes me happy.  
  6. My favorite number is 13.
  7. I find body sugaring and getting pedicures so relaxing.  Like, I can fall asleep!  
  8. I have asthma.  Nope, not because of my size.  I was born with it and there is a family history of it.  
  9. I'm an introvert.  People find it hard to believe, but I would like to introduce you to a post I wrote explaining myself.
  10. I think my social media tells you this, but I do love me some Jesus!!! He has been good to me and I am so thankful to be His!  

It has taken me a long time to get comfortable with any part of my body.  I've been a big girl all my life.  I've been laughed at.  I've been turned down for dates.  Quite frankly, people have made me look like a fool.  On the other hand, I'm still standing and I've learned to love some things about me.
  1. I love my tattoos.  I currently have 5, but I am so getting more.  
  2. I love my hair.  I have been natural for over 4 years and I even did the big chop!  My hair is really coily and the shrinkage is real, but it's mine!  
  3. I have awesome legs.  I was a cheerleader in high school and I remember my coach looking at my legs and telling me you are going to be my base.  A pretty awesome base I was!  
  4. I like my feet.  My mom tells me I have feet like my dad and that is actually a compliment.  I have to keep my toes right because my feet deserve it!  
  5. Although I think they are a strange shape, I love my eyes.  My love says that is what made him fall for me.  
  6. I have a pretty cool personality.  However, when I don't feel like being bothered, it is just best to leave me alone.  
  7. I like my height.  I'm only 5'2", but I love not having to get low to get under objects.  
  8. I love my smile!  Yes, I did it just like that because of the song. 
  9. I love my ear piercings.  I don't think I'm finished with those either, but I could be.  You never really know with me!  
  10. My inner diva is awesome!  It's just who I am, even those she can be a bit much.  

I'm a bit of a music junkie.  I listen to basically everything but hard rock.  I think music makes you feel so many different things.  Actually, one song can make you feel many different things depending on what you are going through.  Since this could get lengthy, I guess I need to just give you a list.  
  1. Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson
  2. She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5
  3. Stop and Stare by OneRepublic
  4. Diamond and Pearls by Prince
  5. Daylight by Maroon 5
  6. Crazy by K-Ci and JoJo
  7. Wanted by Dara Maclean
  8. It's My Life by Bon Jovi
  9. Night Train by Jason Aldean
  10. Unpretty by TLC


Life has given me so much and there is so much to be thankful for.  It was actually hard to get this down to a list of 10, but here goes...
  1. My parents!  I have the most awesome parents and they have put up with so much from me.  I'm just so happy and thankful they are mine.
  2. My health.  It's not perfect because of this whole asthma thing, but all things considering, it's pretty good! 
  3. My job!  I said when I went to college that I wanted to be a roadway designer.  I started as a technician with my current organization and it took me less than 5 years to get to be a roadway designer.  I think that's pretty cool.
  4. My love.  It's not perfect, but we do love each other.  We've learned a lot from each other and that's truly amazing.  
  5. My mistakes.  I've made plenty and I'm sure more are coming.  On the other hand, I've learned so much, so I'm ok with it.
  6. My bed is awesome!  It's a queen size with a memory foam mattress.  After vacations, I'm so ready to sleep in my own bed.  
  7. My cars!  Yes, I have two.  I still have my baby from high school and my new baby is almost four.  
  8. My apartment.  It's perfect for me.  
  9. My hair!  You can do so much with natural hair and I love it!  
  10. My life.  It hasn't been perfect and I've tried to take myself out, but I'm still here to keep learning!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, there you have it.  100th post of 2016 and 100 new things about me!  I hope I didn't bore you too bad.  Most important, I hope you learned some interesting facts.  I look forward to answering any questions or comments you may have about anything you have read. 

Thank you for supporting me.  You have no clue what it means to me.  So, let me start planning what I want to do for my 500th blog post!  





Photo via VisualHunt 
Follow

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I've always wanted to try body sugaring but haven't gotten around to it, I'll be sure to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been going for 2 years now and it is the best thing ever! In fact, I went yesterday! :)

      Delete
  2. This is great, very informative!! I love cooking, it's so relaxing in a way and I love tattoos as well!

    Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is such a lovely read to get to know you! Winter is amazing and perfect for warm drinks! Also I too love coloring but it gets tough to do when there's just no time for it! :D

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was looking for something interesting to do since I reached 100 posts this year. After asking my readers for ideas, this is the idea from multiple people I liked the most!

      Delete
  4. This is such a great idea! I am one of those people that hates when your so hot that you feel you want to peel your skin off too!
    www.naomirowan.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. OMG, I cannot stand summer, but it is what it is, right?

    ReplyDelete