Monday, October 10, 2016

Ms. 1000

Many of you are going to think this post is extra because of the subject matter.  However, with this Umbrella, I've been very blessed to be able to do things and able to watch my baby grow.  Well, my blogging baby grow.  

When I first joined the wonderful world of Twitter in 2012, I honestly didn't like it.  I was still so caught up in the book of faces (yes, that's what I call it).  However, as I started using Twitter more, the more I enjoyed it.  It took less than 18 months for it to become my primarily used social media.  Even though I was using it more, it still wasn't about getting people to follow me.  I just wanted to speak my mind and live tweet a few TV shows (which has been awesome by the way).  

As many of you know, I started this blog in 2013.  When I first started, I wanted it to be a journal, but public.  At the same time, I would share my page with you on social media and people started following my blog.  I thought that was pretty cool.  But, do you know how people knew about my blog?  Via Twitter!  

I decided to put my blog link on my Twitter page.  Then as my blog started to grow, I added places on my blog page where you could follow me on my various social media.  That seemed to work out pretty well for me.  Then, just a few months ago, I joined the world of apps to help me gain followers on my social media...and this brings us to the reason I am posting this blog today! 

To many of you, this is a small number.  However, some of you are really going to understand this achievement.  THANK YOU so much to the followers and fans of this blog because at the end of September, you helped me reach 1000 followers on Twitter!  Since reaching that point, it's been on a steady climb to get 1100.  

Just because I really wanted to do something special, I decided to dedicate a page in my bullet journal to my new success!  In the picture, you see I made September, but I also wanted to make sure I did something just a little bit extra.  This is where the paisley print comes in.  I wanted to make my page pretty and make it stand out, but it was also really important for me to draw it myself because reaching 1000 Twitter followers meant so much to me.  It was an absolutely perfect way to celebrate this milestone while continuing to set goals and reach the next 1000.  

Again, I just want to say a huge thank you for supporting The Plus Diaries (and everything that involves) and supporting the writer behind it.  I'm a long way from where I want to be, but I am definitely so much further than I ever thought I would be.  

If you ever want to work with me on a collaboration, please reach out to me via social media or send me an email (which is listed on my social media).  I look forward to working with you and I cannot wait to see what I am going to do when I reach 2000!  

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment