Saturday, November 12, 2016

Clean, Clear, Control

The past two weeks of my life have been so different.  The first week, I was out of town and enjoyed a beautiful vacation at the beach.  That time alone also gave me plenty of time to do some thinking and believe me, I really needed it.  This second week, I believe all the thinking I did forced me to make some decisions.  Well, maybe all that thinking made me look at the bigger picture and see some things for what they were.  From there, I was able to make some wonderful decisions! 

Each year around my birthday, I take a good look at my life.  I take stock of the things I've done the past year of my existence.  I look at the people around me who have taken far more than they have given.  I look at the people who said they were listening, but were only gaining ammunition.  I also take a look at the humans in my life who turn on me for the smallest things, when I have tollerated so much more from them.  But it isn't just people who get a second look.  All the nouns get a second look.  

I admit there are some places that no longer need my attendance and I will no longer be there.  There are also some things that no longer need my attention and I will be moving away from those as well.  For some reason, I'm having a harder time than expected when it comes to this because I let myself get attached.  However, I know it is time to make a change and a move is in order.  

The first part of this move towards better health starts tomorrow.  Health?  Yes, this is all for the betterment of my health.  I have my mental health, physical health, and spiritual health that all need attention right now.  However, I feel as if I can get my spiritual health back in line, I will be okay.  Unfortunately, that means letting some of the nouns go.  That's for another post, but I feel like I will be able to explain a lot better in the next few weeks.  Who knows, you might even see some photos on my Instagram page starting this week.  
So far, I'm happy about the decisions I've made.  I'm even more excited that my eyes have been opened just a bit more.  For my mental health, not only will I continue to take my anxiety medications, but I plan on working out more (which is also great for my physical health), and I plan on picking back up yoga.  I will also do my absolute best to pick back up meditation before bedtime. 

I'm looking forward to the change I'm getting ready to make.  Well, I'm excited about the changes I'm getting ready to make.  Right now, I'm just looking for ways to make things better.  I'm looking for ways to constantly enjoy life.  I'm looking for ways to keep my sanity, even when it feels like everyone around me is trying to make things so hard for me.  It's just time for a change and if that means purging a few months early, then that is what I shall do. 


Photo via VisualHunt.com
Photo credit: kennymatic via Visual hunt / CC BY
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment