Sunday, December 4, 2016

Happy December

I've been in my wonderful city now for almost 5 years.  Ok, I might as well say 5 years because it is coming up this month.  the fact of the matter is that it took me 5 years to find the perfect combination of people to be able to enjoy something with.  

Yesterday, I was invited to something that was very wonderful that I have since dubbed Friends-mas.  I say that because that isn't what we called it, but that's what it felt like.  Let's say it like that - if you like Friendsgiving, then you will enjoy Friends-mas!  

For us, it was basically perfect.  A few young ladies coming together, sharing some delicious food, great conversations, games, decorated ornaments, and presents!  It has been a long time since we had gotten together like that and it was perfect.  If was my afterthought that came while I was driving home.  

All I could think about on my drive home was how blessed I am to have such great friends in my life.  Then I look around at the table of people that were able to attend last night and I couldn't help but think there are some wonderful and powerful women in my life.  There is one of us who works in higher education, one is a wonderful nurse who works in Hospice Care, one works in finance, one is a writer and has owned a few business, and one is a veterinarian who has a love for animals like no other.  I don't think I need to tell you what I do because I've told you a few times.  

I'm surrounded by powerful women.  I'm surrounded by beautiful women.  I'm surrounded by people who love me for me.  And most important, I'm surrounded by people with goals and ambitions!  We're all still striving to go further in our careers.  I sat there at the table and laughed and loved the people around me and on my way home, I just thought thank you God!  


Moving is hard.  Growing is hard.  I still feel like I'm navigating my adulthood and each day, pieces get added and pieces get taken away.  But some pieces I'm very thankful for are those 5 beautiful women I shared the table with on yesterday.  I couldn't have asked for a better Saturday and I couldn't ask for a better group of wonderful people.  

Now, if you are looking for a way to do Friends-mas, here is my advice - just go for it.  It's not going to be perfect because nothing in life is.  But with great friends around, you cannot go wrong. 

Note: Photos courtesy of Pexels! 

No comments:

Post a Comment