Saturday, December 10, 2016

Introducing...

I've had the pleasure of participating in some wonderful tweet chats in 2016.  However, I cannot even write this post without sending some love to Selina Weekes, founder of Manik Mag and #HautiesTalk (which happened long before 2016).  Ok, let me get back to it! 

There have been some wonderful tweet chats I've had the pleasure of joining.  Many of them are across the pond in the UK, but that has just helped me to grow my blogging community.  In fact, I have so many chats I participate in that I must keep them in my calendar so I don't miss a single one! Because I've had so much fun and I'm looking for more ways to grow this blog, I've decided to start my own chat!  Let me introduce to you #TPDchat!!!  



Now, this is going to be so much more than a just a chat that happens twice a month.  This is going to be a way for me to get a better connection with other bloggers.  Bloggers have helped me so much by retweeting and liking my blog posts.  They have also been instrumental in leaving comments and giving advice.  Therefore, this will be my official hashtag for you to use when you want a blog post retweeted (after I have read it, or course) and this will be what we will use while participating in my tweet chats.  Just like many of the others I participate in, these are open to anyone who wish to participate.  Just because you don't blog doesn't mean you are not blogging now and it doesn't mean you are not reading blogs. 

#TPDchat will be launching in January and I am so excited!  I know this is happening really
quick, but the first chat will be happening January 4 at 6:00pm EST.  I'm pretty sure that is 11:00pm UK, but I hope some of my friends over the pond will be willing to have a late night and participate.  The second chat of the month will take place on January 21 at 2:00pm EST.  I know it's midday Saturday, but I really hope many of you will be able to join me.


I've told you about the upcoming chat dates and times, the hashtag, and how I plan on using this platform to help the blogging community.  With all things, we, the participants, make things good or bad.  I know I'm going to put in the work, but I hope you are also willing to put in the work to join in.  I'm not just talking about joining in with the blog, I'm talking about you diving into the blog.  This next part is probably the most exciting thing I wanted to share with all of you today.  

I want you to host some of these chats!  Yes, you!!!  It's so simple to find out how!!!  Once you contact me, we will find out what topic you want to discuss and when you can host.  Once we have those and some other details ironed out, you will be ready to host!  

I'm absolutely thrilled about this new adventure and I am really hoping you are too!  I look forward to making #TPDchat great and another place for people to connect, grow, and learn from each other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment