Monday, December 12, 2016

Who are you?

This post is going to be semi-short, sweet, and to the point because I have plans tonight, but I want to get this done.  For it to be a Monday, I had an awesome day at work.  I was able to get some clarification on a project from a very good source.  Someone requested a change to a project and I was able to get that back off my desk within three hours.  I met someone who was going to be joining my department (even though that means my office mate is leaving).  I found out I still get to be wall buddies with one of my friends and we can still communicate at work via wall code.  I found out a project we once thought was urgent was no longer priority, so I don't have to rush.  It was a great Monday.  

But my absolute favorite part of the day didn't even have anything to do with me.  Something really great happened to one of my coworkers and I was so excited.  Actually, I'm still excited.  I made it a point to congratulate him and in return, he thanked me for my help.  I wasn't expecting a thank you because in my eyes, I just did what I thought was right - to help someone.  In typical fashion, I shared my joy on social media.  I didn't give out details because they were not needed, but I did give a general message.  

As per life, you have the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Even though you are getting ready to see photos, let me go ahead and tell you what my tweet said.  

I can't say this enough, if you can't celebrate the victory of someone else even when u feel defeated, u won't get 2 know victory. Share, ppl!  

I think it was obvious that I was excited about something.  As for the sharing part, I just wanted people to share in the victories of others.  That's it.  And yes, I wrote it in here just like it is on Twitter.  It's not like you're not about to see it anyway.  

Well, someone else was happy to see the tweet.  Since you know the good, the bad, and the ugly exists, let me at least show you the good.  


This tweet came from a fellow blogger.  I think you can see why I wrote the entire tweet out for you now.  I only know this young woman from my blogging communities, but she quoted the tweet and I liked her quote.  That's what I wanted to do.  I wanted to spread some more happiness around, even though the reason behind the happiness had nothing to do with me.  I would say this next part is the bad and the ugly, but the more I think about it, the more I think those names don't even fit.  

Quite frankly, I don't know what to think of them or make of them.  Rumor has it these are parody accounts, but I have no time for foolishness, even on social media.  So, let me get out these screen shots.  





You see this person that replied?  I have no clue who it (only using it because I'm not sure of the sex - no disrespect, even though they show me none) is.  However, they like to tag people in their posts.  I don't know.  I guess this is how some people become social media famous.  But, I don't want to be part of the madness.  

I've said this before and I will say it again - just because you see something on social media, it doesn't require a response from you.  Scroll, say what you need to in your head, and keep scrolling.  But some people have not mastered that art.  

Anybody who knows me and anyone who has been reading my blog for any amount of time knows that I do not talk politics.  It's not my lane!  There are plenty of better people out there who are cut out for this.  The closest thing I have to a political post is this one I did about why I vote.  It's not me.  I know what I'm good at and I keep it there.  So, what in the hell (just like I wrote on twitter) did politics have to do with what I just wrote?  If you can't find the relationship, you're not alone.  But there is more...


Yes, the saga continues.  As I have stated to you and tried to explain to it, my tweet was meant to be in celebration.  I was so happy for this person.  Even as I type this (even though it these photos show the negative), I'm still happy for this person.  When I get to work tomorrow, I'm still going to be happy for this person!  Getting this news before the holiday just makes it better and he loves Christmas!  

So because my parents taught me manners, I explain (even though I don't have to explain anything I do in this life).  Then it decides to twist it again.  I even told it they are not celebrating because they weren't in my office.  Honestly, I really tried to drive home the point of this tweet being something exciting and happy, not this dark and twisting thing it and its friends were trying to jump on.  And cats?  Let's get one thing really straight - I hate cats!  I have allergies and I cannot tolerate being around them.  Red eyes, runny nose.  I have enough to deal with during the Spring without adding an animal to it!!!  But then, it continued...


In this tweet, I told it what I was celebrating (vaguely because it was really none of its business).  I'm still trying to figure out what it balanced out because if its goal was to try to upset me and get me out of character, it didn't succeed.  

I'm not that person.  I'm not that person that sits behind a screen on carries around a phone and think who can I tick off today?  I have too much to do for that to be my focus.  And I know people like that exist, but how miserable must you be to want to make everyone around you and people who you will never meet in person get down to your level.  I choose to rise above and continue to be myself.  That's how my parents raised me and since I am a reflection of them, I choose to remember my home training.  

But the saga continues...

I really thought we had turned a corner when it said thanks, but I was wrong.  The madness ended here.  Don't get me wrong, I was prepared to keep going.  Don't let this short stature and smile on my face fool you.  Just like my parents raised me to be respectable, they also taught me how to defend myself (even if it means turning to the second amendment).  

I'm not a toy.  I'm not one to be reckoned with.  And I'm definitely not one to be played with, parody account or not.  There is another tweet where it or one of it's friends didn't even spell my name right, but I digress.  

So, let me tell you why I know these are probably trolls or some people with way too much time on their hands.  Since my first encounter with them (which was at least a month ago), I've easily tweeted 5000 times...and that's probably on the low end.  I'm constantly tweeting about this blog, my day, involved in tweet chats, talking about TV shows, and just in general conversation with some cool people.  So, in 5000 tweets, you find this one and you decide to have a little fun with it?  Hell, I wrote it and had to go back and search for it!  What are you doing with your day?  You know what, I don't even care.  But let me tell you what I'm doing with my day....

I'm working.  I'm working on making sure I'm at my job, doing a good job so I can keep providing for myself.  I'm working on making sure the people around me are feeling uplifted when they are feeling down.  I'm working on making sure my parents know they raised me right by being a good steward of the lessons they gave and still give me.  I'm working on this blog and the things that go with it to make it better.  I'm working on building a community on social media I can learn from.  I'm working on some things I don't even want to say out loud just yet because it is in the very early stages.  

But let me tell you what I am not and will never work on - tearing someone down just to get a good laugh on a screen.  Well played, it.  Very well played.  It and I will eventually meet again.  I'm sure of it.  But the ending will remain the same - me doing what I do best and rising about the foolishness and the madness it tries to create.  

No comments:

Post a Comment