Monday, January 30, 2017

Another mission to accomplish

Goals, goals, goals!!!!  That's what I wanted my focus on 2017 to be on - achieving goals!  I have certain goals I want to achieve on social media.  I have some things I want to accomplish as far as fashion is concerned.  I have some things I want to accomplish due to health reasons.  This post is another goal I want to achieve for health reasons.  

I'm working hard on my body this year.  Not working hard on it because I want to be a certain size, but because I want to be as healthy as possible.  So many ailments run in my family - high blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems, etc...  I don't want that to be my life.  I saw a challenge online and of course, I modified it to fit me and my schedule.  

I introduce to you 2017 in 2017!  My goal is to do 2017 squats, 2017 arm lifts, and 2017 sit-ups by the end of the year.  Let me go ahead and clear this up for the trolls - yes, I am fully aware that if I just do 10 a day, I can do this in around 6 months.  But the fact of the matter is that I don't work out every day.  And even when I do workout, there are some days I take the steps back to my place and I'm not doing any squats because my legs would be as limp as string!  I know my limits and that is why this is going to work for me.  

Of course, you know I'm using my bullet journal to track my progress and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if I reach each of the goals at different times.  This is just the left side of the giant calendar I created.  I left the right side available to show the dates I actually achieved the goal.  

But don't worry, just because I reach the goal (yes, I will reach the goal), it doesn't mean that I'm going to stop!  I honestly want to see how far I can go and what transformation is going to happen to my body just by doing at least 2017 of these things.  

And just a little side note for my bullet journal peeps, The calendar itself was completed with Sharpie markers, but the coloring was completed with colored pencils.  Check back to my Instagram to see exactly what I used.  I know this isn't detailed, but my photo will tell you a little bit more! 

Ok, back to the post!!!!

So, starting Wednesday (and depending on if my body is back to normal, probably after that), I'm going to start on this journey.  Wednesday is also a big day because it is weight day.  I haven't weighed myself since January 2 and I'll admit, I'm nervous about what the number is going to be.  However, I know I'm more than a number on the scale, but I would love for it to be on the downward trend.  Hey, just being honest.  

I am determined to make 2017 my best year yet!!! I am determined!  Just like I've shared these starter posts, I'm looking forward to sharing victory posts with you as well.  I got this!!!  



2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Shayla! You can do it love!! πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸ˜πŸ’–

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the extra motivation! I'm sure it will be needed on those days I don't feel like doing anything!

      Delete