Thursday, January 12, 2017

I'm slowly losing it

Note: The next #TPDchat on Twitter will take place Saturday, January 21 at 2:00pm EST. Topic is weight loss!  Hope you can join us! 

Let me say the same thing I've said in previous posts - I'm a plus size woman.  My blog is called The Plus Diaries.  Even when I get down to the size (notice I did not say number on the scale) I want to be, I will still be considered a plus size woman.  Basically, this blog isn't going anyway.  It's all about change and expansion and I like that!  

On the second day of the year, I went back to my alternate eating plan.  For me, I have to do things that work for ME because me not eating is actually a migraine trigger.  Cray cray, right?  That means there is no meal skipping for me.  Just not happening.  But what I like is that even though I may not be able to do something completely as it is designed (yoga poses and all), it doesn't mean that I cannot make it happen.  

For me, my alternate eating plan is simple.  I do this Monday through Friday and on on the weekends, I splurge.  NOT.  Actually, on the weekends, I only have one major meal a day and it is typically either breakfast or lunch.  And on any day of the week, I try my best to not eat past 7pm, unless it is a light snack.  

A typical week for me is on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I will have a smoothie for breakfast, snack around 10 to 11, lunch at 1, dinner by 6 (most of the time) and if I get hungry, yogurt at night.  And even on those food days, my app typically will have to remind me that eating less than 1200 calories a day is bad for my health...which is why I usually have the yogurt, even if I'm not hungry.  A later blog post will come explaining what I eat, but this isn't the point of this post.  I'm getting there.  Tuesday and Thursday, everything is the same until we get to dinner.  On those two days, dinner is basically a healthy snack.  I'll have some fruit, dry cereal, or granola.  My goal is at the end of each week for my app to tell me I am 3500+ calories under budget.  That should mean I should have lost at least a pound that week.  Last week, I did very well and I am hoping for the same this week.  

The previous paragraph was to help you understand.  Now, we can get to the meat of this.  When I tell people what I'm doing, I get mixed reactions.  I get the I'm proud of you and I cannot wait to see the results.  But I also get the why are you doing this because you are eating air and you're not going to get to enjoy foods when you go out.  For starters, I'm a master at manipulating menus because there are only a select few places where I'm going to eat.  That list grows even smaller when I'm on this alternate eating plan.  Next, after doing this for only ten days and I didn't have to compete in an Olympic event to get on my jeans and my leggings are feeling baggy, I'll take air for 1000, Alex!  

Fact of the matter is that no matter what you do in life, someone going to have something negative to say about it.  Do you press on or do you go back to the status-quo?  Personally, I have a pair of jeans that I absolutely love that still need to get above my thighs and zipped, so I will be doing this until my goal is met.  Grant it, I'll have to take a break in about two months to celebrate my birthday, but I also know that one weekend is not going to ruin two months of hard work (yep, I'm working out too).  


So, for those of you who have people in your ear (well actually in your business) about how you are losing weight (because it works for you), pay them no attention!  You do you and continue to do you and then be the best you by not giving in to their foolishness.  I don't know what your goal is or what outfit you are striving for, but they don't get to experience that first look in the mirror when that outfit finally fits.  It's your journey and enjoy the ride.  And to you people who have nothing kind to say to someone losing weight (or anything else for that matter), do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut.  

No comments:

Post a Comment