Sunday, January 1, 2017

Page 1

I've had a pretty cool first day of the year.  I went to Starbucks, made a Target run, went to Ulta, and had my pizza (that I've been craving since last week).  Then, my asthma wanted to act like a savage and I had to have my first nebulizer treatment of the year.  As I type this, my body is still trying to come down of the high because I'm all jittery and stuff.  Don't worry, it's normal, but it makes it sort of hard to take an afternoon nap.  So, since I can't sleep, I'll write something for a few minutes.  

Let me just say, I have a heart for children.  Like, I love kids.  Have none of my own, but I love them!  In fact, some friends of mine welcomed a baby today and I was too happy for them.  But, it was the family I met at Target this morning that made my heart smile.  Three kids, two boys and one girl.  Well, the girl was too hype in Target.  She was excited like I am when I go to Target.  Upon closer look, I noticed it was either a blended family or an adoption family.  When I took another look, I noticed two of the three kids had down syndrome.  I don't know why, but that made me love their family even more, even though I have no clue who they are. 

The family of five was so happy and the dad was pulling the car while letting the little girl believe she had enough strength to push it.  They were so cool, but yet they were moving slow.  The parents turned around and saw me standing there and I guess they thought I wanted to get by.  They apologized and tried to get the three kiddos out of the way.  I simply smiled, laughed, and told them "don't worry about it.  You have a beautiful family."

The look on the mom's face told me they weren't used to hearing that.  I'm guessing they are used to moving out of the way of aggravated people and probably getting dirty looks.  But I refuse to do that to people, especially when there are kids involved.  Quite frankly, I was still feeding off the energy of the little girl who was happy to be in Target.  I was happy to be in there too, but she just made my entrance so much more fun!  

It's a new day.  It's a new year.  No, I didn't make any resolutions, but I am determined to be a better person each day.  Today, that involved me not being impatient.  Tomorrow, I don't know what it is going to be, but I hope I take the opportunity to be better.  There's always room for improvement and I have 364 days to keep doing better.  

2 comments:

  1. Omg girl! This post hit me right in the feels! Thank you for sharing this beautiful moment. As an early childhood educator, I hate seeing people get irritated with parents when their kids are just bouncing around with energy. This family sounds truly amazing, and I'm so glad you were there to share some joy with them :)

    Angie | http://www.angieamericana.com 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for doing your job. I believe you absolutely need to have some type of special heart to be a teacher. I know I may never see them again, but their little family of five just made my day. Thank you for reading and commenting.

      Delete