Saturday, February 4, 2017

It wasn't to my Benefit

Today, I had to do something I haven't had to do in a long time - take a product back to Ulta because it didn't work out for me!  Oh-Em-GEEEEE!!!!!!  Ok, maybe not that dramatic, but it was sort of a bummer because I really wanted this product to work for me the way it seemed to work for the young lady in the store who helped me the day I was looking at making a purchase.  

When it comes to eyeliner, I like to keep it simple - give me the marker or pen.  Yes, I'm that weird one that cannot stand the thought of a pencil coming towards her eye.  Quite frankly, I'm a fan of the felt tip eyeliner.  It just gives me all types of life!!!!  For the past few weeks, I haven't been able to find the felt tip that I wanted so I decided to try something else...and that brings us to the review I'm getting ready to do.  

Last weekend at Ulta (after the nice woman had looked in the stock room to see if they had the item I was looking for), I was pointed into the direction of an eyeliner that looked amazing.  The woman showed me how it worked and even demonstrated how good it looked on the eyes.  Yes, I'll gladly give it a try.  I've been trying to get together a small collection of eye makeup to have on me at all times for those times I'm running late and cannot do a full face, but have time to make my eyes look decent.  It was the perfect addition to my collection...so I thought.  The product was from Benefit Cosmetics and it part of the They're Real line.  I was so excited to try this eyeliner and couldn't wait to pull it out on Monday.  

Well, Monday came and I was sick.  Stayed in bed all day.  So, I couldn't wait for Tuesday.  Probably should have still been in the bed, but there was a seminar I wanted to attend so I put on some cute clothes and decided to do my eyes once I was parked in the deck.  I got on my eyeshadow and I COULD NOT WAIT to break out my eyeliner.  I even posted about it on Instagram!  I had to turn the product about twenty times to get the gel to appear (which I thought was absolutely cool because you cannot ruin this eyeliner).  First eye went smoothly.  Cleaned the tip and started on the second eye.  Not as smoothly, but we all know one eye always looks better than the other.  Within a matter of hours, my new gel eyeliner was clumpy and ugly.  

Ok, just day one and I wasn't feeling my best, so let's try again.  Started with a clean tip and just like that, it applied to my eye clumpy and ugly.  It was almost as if I hadn't cleaned it after I had finished using it Tuesday.  Had to cover it with eye shadow to make the correction.  One more time, right?  Thursday came and had the same result - a mess!!!  Friday didn't even stand a chance.  

Today, when I took it back, the lady who did my return asked me exactly why I was returning the product (well, exchanging the product) and I told her basically what I just told you.  She said I wasn't alone.  She had even tried it herself and she didn't like the product.  This afternoon, I decided to take a look at some reviews and max, the product is only getting 3.5 stars.  Maybe I should have looked at reviews before making the purchase.  

However, I don't regret making the purchase.  I tried the product and it didn't work for me, but I know of at least one person who can wear it very well.  Not bashing the product or anything, but it just didn't work out for me.  On the other hand, I'm super excited for Monday morning so I can try out my newest additions.  I'll keep you posted.  

If you are using or have used the product discussed in this post, please let me know your thoughts in the comments section.  I would love to hear from you!!! 😊

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well, hope you feel better now? Shame the product did not work for you xxx
    http://www.fadedspring.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am basically back to normal. Thank you. I hated it didn't work, but I'm glad I was able to take it back, as it was a bit on the pricey side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many people I know have been getting sick! Glad you are doing better. I always get excited when I buy new makeup since I rarely do these days so it's a bummer when it doesn't work out. Just Thank God for those return policies! Glad you could get your money back! I'm enjoying your blog!
    XX Jen beautylifemom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy for their return policy!!! At least I was able to get some items that I know work for me! Thanks for reading my blog and commenting. It means so much!!!

      Delete