Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Pollen jock

If you have been following this blog, following my posts on twitter, or even see something on instagram, you know I have a serious issue with allergies.  Typically, I can get past my birthday before the allergy madness starts, but not this year.  

I live in the south and that means I live in an area that doesn't necessarily have seasons.  I mean, we have calendar seasons, but when the sun decides it wants to heat my side of the planet to 80 some degrees in the Winter, then that is exactly what is going to happen.  

Let me introduce you to why I currently am having difficulty breathing.  In the photo below, you will see what is supposed to be a beautiful tree blooming in the next couple of months.  Oh no, this madness is blooming now and has been looking like this for about a week.  Some of the other trees in my neighborhood are already green.  I cannot take it!  


However, come Friday, I will hopefully have a better understanding of what exactly are my triggers.  Yep, going back to the doctor.  My third visit in as many weeks, but I have asthma and I have to make sure I'm OK.  

So, to my fellow allergy sufferers, I hope you get through this season.  I have a feeling it is going to be a tough one.  But for those of you with some remedies, help me out.  Other than having local honey, what home remedies can you recommend?

Trivia: What movie did I get the term pollen jock from?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment