Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Work it out!

It's that time of year where we start seeing the getting ready for my beach body posts on social media.  I'm not knocking anyone working out for their specific reasons.  However, I would love to see more of us posting about other reasons for working out.  

I'm not even cute before, during, or after my workout.  In other words, you will probably never see a photo of me pre, during, or post workout.  On the other hand, you might.  My confidence is growing each day.  But here is why I workout...

I could care less about having a beach body.  I have several bathing suits and I rock them with pride.  I realize I'm a big girl and I'm comfortable with that.  It's not my fault there are a lot of people who are not comfortable with that fact.  But as for me, I'm cool.  

I'm working out because I want to be healthy.  So far, I've been blessed to not have diabetes, high blood pressure, or heart disease - all of which run pretty deep in my family.  I didn't want that for my twenties and I definitely don't want that for my thirties.  Just yesterday, a relative of mine announced she was getting her leg amputated below the knee due to diabetes.  I don't want that for myself.  I don't want an illness to take away part of my body.  I don't want something I could have prevented taking away part of my body.  My heart goes out to my relative because she made a very tough decision, but that's just not a decision I want to ever have to make.  

Another reason I'm working out is because I have some beautiful pants in my closet that need to be worn!  I also have some beautiful dresses in my closet that need to be worn.  I know that because I'm working out to be healthy, eventually the clothes in my closet will fit again.  The clothes fitting are an added perk to my goal of being 50 lbs lighter.  I cannot get smaller in weight and not fit in those clothes.  Just not happening.  

So, here's to all the people just trying to get and stay healthy as their number one reason for working out.  Also, here's to all the people working out to get that beach body.  Another special s/o to all the people who need motivation to get moving.  I hope this post has helped you.  If you don't fall into any of those categories, well dang.  

And just a note that will lead me to a future post - why in the heck is everyone ending sentences with the word bihhh?  

No comments:

Post a Comment